Post by joaodias117 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Good morning!

I'm new at programming and opencart, so I'm not very familiar with the site.

I'm creating a combobox of categories and subcategories on the addproduct page, where when selecting a category, another combo is generated with its subcategories.

For this I created a script by pulling the selected value and I will use it in the Controller to parameterize the array of the second combo (subcategories).

However, when I try to perform a $ _REQUEST ['product_category'] on the Controller, it says that this index is undefined.

I know there are some functions like "$ this-> load-> view -> ..." but I do not know how to use them in this case.

Could someone help me with the communication between view and controller and to make this request?

The codes are as follows:

VIEW

HTML:

Code: Select all

<form method="POST" action="addproduct.php">
		<select name="product-category" id="product-category" size="10" class="form-control" onclick="myFunction()">

<option value="">Escolha a Categoria</option>

<?php foreach($product_categories as $product_category){ ?>

<option value="<?php echo $product_category['category_id'] ?>" ><?php echo $product_category['name'] ?></option>

<?php } ?>

</select>

<select name="product-subcategory1" id="product-subcategory1" size="10" class="form-control" onclick="myFunction1()">

<option value="">Escolha a Subcategoria</option>

<?php foreach($product_subcategories1 as $product_subcategory1){ ?>

<option value="<?php echo $product_subcategory1['category_id'] ?>"><?php echo $product_subcategory1['name'] ?></option>

<?php } ?>

</select>
		</form>
SCRIPT:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.google.com/jsapi"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript">
		  google.load("jquery", "1.4.2");
		</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
		$(function(){
			$('#product-category').change(function(){
				if( $(this).val() ) {
					$('#product-subcategory1').hide();
					$.getJSON('addproduct.php?search=',{category_id: $(this).val(), ajax: 'true'}, function(j){
						var options = '<option value="">Escolha Subcategoria</option>';	
						for (var i = 58; i < j.length; i++) {
							options += '<option value="' + j[i].category_id + '">' + j[i].name + '</option>';
						}	
						$('#product-subcategory1').html(options).show();
					});
				} else {
					$('#product-subcategory1').html('<option value="">– Escolha Subcategoria –</option>');
				}
			});
		});
		</script>

CONTROLLER

PHP:

@include_once('C:/xampp2/htdocs/alloeetestes/catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/account/customerpartner/addproduct.tpl');

$id_categoria = $_REQUEST['product_category'];

Thank you in advance for your help!

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:45 pm

No OC version posted. Forum rules. However, simply replicate the country and zone feature with your idea since you're looking to load categories and sub-categories. Since you claim on being a beginner to the task, either create a service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or drop me a PM, to complete this task as a custom job.

In addition, you can also look at this free marketplace extension to have a better idea: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36704

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON