Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:02 am

Package updated as well as addressed on GitHub: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7272

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:29 am

is there a way to display:none the paypal express option within payment type select box?

if i can i might be able to have paypal express and standard working at same time?
thanks
A

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 am

blocks1 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:29 am
is there a way to display:none the paypal express option within payment type select box?

if i can i might be able to have paypal express and standard working at same time?
thanks
A
As per the posting above already dictates, PayPal Express Checkout and Standard cannot work together unless the provider themselves integrates that service type later on.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:54 am

Updated attachment on first post. Fixed affiliate info as per commit: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7272 . Also fixed the marketing_info validation.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by Futurefool » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi Straightlight,

Thank you for all your effort trying to get this sorted.

I'm sorry to say though that I'm still experiencing issues using your most recent fix (7th of April).

I'm on OC 3.0.3.1 with Journal 3.0.29. I have followed your instructions for applying the fix including increasing post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 16M.

When I try to process a payment with Paypal Express I receive the following message:

"Either the store or PayPal cannot process the order with the selected country name: United Kingdom and zone name: Lancashire..."

I presume this is what the "Unmatched Zones" tab in the Paypal Express settings is for but the table is not being populated with any data.

The OC error.log has the same message and my server error logs have no further errors.

Any ideas what else I might try?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:20 am

"Either the store or PayPal cannot process the order with the selected country name: United Kingdom and zone name: Lancashire..."

I presume this is what the "Unmatched Zones" tab in the Paypal Express settings is for but the table is not being populated with any data.
If you look in the system/helper/pp_express_zones.php file, you will notice that Lancashire is not included on the list. You could try to add it and then uninstall the extension and reinstall it noticing the change on your next transaction. If that still doesn't resolved the issue, that means that it is a political restriction from PayPal, not from the extension itself at this point.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by Futurefool » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 am

Thank you for getting back to me.

I made the change as you suggested. It got rid of the message but is now unresponsive i.e. clicking "Confirm Order" does nothing. I get no error.log messages or errors in server logs.

I'm not totally convinced this is the root cause however. I tried with a country and zone which is listed on pp_express_zones.php with the same result.

Any other ideas?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 am

Futurefool wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 am
Thank you for getting back to me.

I made the change as you suggested. It got rid of the message but is now unresponsive i.e. clicking "Confirm Order" does nothing. I get no error.log messages or errors in server logs.

I'm not totally convinced this is the root cause however. I tried with a country and zone which is listed on pp_express_zones.php with the same result.

Any other ideas?
Simply follow this post regarding the sort order with Journal. That has already been resolved: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:04 am

Patched admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php as per commit: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7321 . ZIP file replaced on first post.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by okayle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Controllerextensionpaymentppexpress' not found in /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/b97/public_html/admin/controller/startup/router.php(26): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #1 /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerStartupRouter->index() #2 /home/b97/public_html/system/engine/router.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #3 /home/b97/public_html/system/engine/router.php(56): Router->execute(Object(Action)) #4 /home/b97/public_html/system/framework.php(165): Router->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action)) #5 /home/b97/public_html/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/b97/...') #6 /home/b97/public_html/admin/index.php(19): start('admin') #7 {main} thrown in /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php on line 71

Dear,
According to the attachment downloaded in the first post, I covered all the files. Entering the Extension->Payments->PayPal Express Checkout met this situation, Is there a way to solve it? I tried all the ways to clear the cache in the post, and the problem still exists. I am a newbie, thank you.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 am

@Straightlight: First of all, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into fixing the issues with PayPal Express, much appreciated.
As regards the UK Zones: Paypal uses different ones (e.g. there is no 'Middlesex' UK zone in OpenCart). Also, on the PayPal end, the selection of a zone is optional. I wrote up a little fix for the case for the case of the missing zone (though it should also be applied for a wrong zone, haven't done it yet) in the form of an extended class with an overridden method 'call' (was done for the Override Engine). You could easily convert it into an event handler. My basic approach is to find the missing zone from the UK postcode. See attached file, feel free to incorporate it!

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 am

okayle wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:56 pm
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Controllerextensionpaymentppexpress' not found in /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/b97/public_html/admin/controller/startup/router.php(26): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #1 /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerStartupRouter->index() #2 /home/b97/public_html/system/engine/router.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #3 /home/b97/public_html/system/engine/router.php(56): Router->execute(Object(Action)) #4 /home/b97/public_html/system/framework.php(165): Router->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action)) #5 /home/b97/public_html/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/b97/...') #6 /home/b97/public_html/admin/index.php(19): start('admin') #7 {main} thrown in /home/b97/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php on line 71

Dear,
According to the attachment downloaded in the first post, I covered all the files. Entering the Extension->Payments->PayPal Express Checkout met this situation, Is there a way to solve it? I tried all the ways to clear the cache in the post, and the problem still exists. I am a newbie, thank you.
The obvious. Thanks I will post an update very soon on the first post and notify on my next post.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 am
@Straightlight: First of all, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into fixing the issues with PayPal Express, much appreciated.
As regards the UK Zones: Paypal uses different ones (e.g. there is no 'Middlesex' UK zone in OpenCart). Also, on the PayPal end, the selection of a zone is optional. I wrote up a little fix for the case for the case of the missing zone (though it should also be applied for a wrong zone, haven't done it yet) in the form of an extended class with an overridden method 'call' (was done for the Override Engine). You could easily convert it into an event handler. My basic approach is to find the missing zone from the UK postcode. See attached file, feel free to incorporate it!
Thanks for addressing this for the UK zone. Since I am not around that area nor cannot make those tests, I will take your word for it and integrate the provided list into the helper file. Besides, it is the complete point why this helper file as been created so for multiple countries to provide their lists on it as to know if it's the store owners' fault or PayPal's. :)

As for the middle name, I will revert the variable back to its original state. Next update coming right up.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:21 am

@JNeuhoff: There's a conflict with the AGS zone code from the UK you provided versus the one PayPal already provides for Mexico. This one will have to be excluded from the list since PayPal originally sets its proprietary rights for this code with Mexico (see the helper file for more info by typing AGS).

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:43 am

@JNeuhoff: Just found the reason why the Middlesex state has even been excluded from OC. The KH zone code is already reserved for Cambodia and cannot be included in the helper file as well, since there's a conflict.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:50 am

@JNeuhoff: OC database does not have the Perthshire zone name. However, it would not create any conflict, in this case. I will probably have to submit a commit on GitHub about this missing zone name.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:58 am

@JNeuhoff: The Hampshire zone code conflicts with one of the zones in the US. This one will have to be excluded from the helper file as well.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:01 am

@JNeuhoff: Guernsey is a country name, not a zone name - according to OC database.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 am

@JNeuhoff: North Humberside is not listed on the OC database. A commit will have to be submitted.
Last edited by straightlight on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:13 am

@JNeuhoff: Isle of Man is a country name, not a zone name - according to OC database.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Administrator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests