Post by mupcku » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Hello folks! I know there are a planty of topics, about the mcrypt extension, wchich was removed in the last php version, but after all i cant find a general solution for the problem.
I want to install OpenCart 2.3.0.2 on my hosting running php 7.2. Okay, mcrypt is deprecated, so i can downgrade the php to 7.1 - no problem till now....what about if i install the oc on 7.1 and after that to upgrade the php on 7.2 OR how to remove or change the mcrypt for this oc version?
As i learned, this encryption is used only for payment methods, which probably i will not use on my store.
Thank you!

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm

The issue here is the OC version you are using. On recent OC versions, the mcrypt library has been removed due to its deprecation by PHP industry.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mupcku » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:51 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm
The issue here is the OC version you are using.
Unfortunately, at the moment im unable to use newer version of oc...

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Then, you may want to try this extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=35487

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mupcku » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:00 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 pm
Then, you may want to try this extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=35487
Great! Thanks!