Post by jiffy212 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi,

I am getting the following message on my modifications page on my opencart cart admin panel

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `UTF-8;' not supported, assuming utf-8 in /home/shahran/bangorbang.com/admin/controller/marketplace/modification.php on line 756

and when i checked the modification.php line 756 the following code appears

$data['log'] = htmlentities(file_get_contents($file, FILE_USE_INCLUDE_PATH, null));

my charset to my memory limit everything is in order in my php.ini . I checked everything but i'm unable to figure it out.
I was able to get the error message out of the payment.php by inserting a code which was in a another forum.
It will be great if you could help out on this.

thanks

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 am

No OC version posted.
I was able to get the error message out of the payment.php by inserting a code which was in a another forum.
Unspecified location.

However, according to this post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/211 ... ing-issues , the UTF-8 file can be verified if the uploaded projects of yours are without BOM. It can also be verified from your text editor such as Notepad++ .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by webs_bd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 am

v 3.0.2.0.
I am receiving errors like the following with several Export/Import extensions:
Warning: htmlentities(): charset `UTF-8;' not supported, assuming utf-8 in /home/*********/public_html/admin/controller/marketplace/modification.php on line 756

I have read other threads in the forum but do not understand the fix, sorry!
Below is snippet from htaccess. A semi-colon seems to be appended after the charset. This is also in cPanel phpini editor but there are also semi-colons after some other values (e.g. 'mysql.connect_timeout') but these are not taken into the htaccess. Is this related to the problem?

# BEGIN cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
# Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
# To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
# For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)
<IfModule php5_module>
php_value default_charset "UTF-8;"
php_value memory_limit 512M
php_value max_execution_time 36000
php_value upload_max_filesize 999M
php_value post_max_size 250M
php_value mysql.connect_timeout 20

Big Decision
Website Production, Ecommerce & Digital Marketing in the UK
http://www.bigdecision.co.uk