Post by ASP » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 pm

I've just attempted to login to my admin dashboard as per normal, but am receiving a "No match for Username and/or Password." message.

I haven't changed my password or any files since I last logged in a day or two ago.

I tried using to forgotten password link to see if this resolved the issue, but the link from the e-mail just takes me to the login page.

Please kindly help ASAP!

ASP

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:29 pm

find a Admin Password Reset solution here:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 32#p592544

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ASP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 am

Luckily I created a backup admin user account, so have managed to login with that. Any reason why the main account login failed?

ASP

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:32 am

ASP wrote:Luckily I created a backup admin user account, so have managed to login with that. Any reason why the main account login failed?
It would really help if you posted your OC version at a minimum. Every version is different.

There are many reasons this could happen and it's usually different for almost every site.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by ASP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:10 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:It would really help if you posted your OC version at a minimum. Every version is different.

There are many reasons this could happen and it's usually different for almost every site.
I'm using Version 2.0.3.1 and just realised that my PayPal Express Checkout extension had been uninstalled, and PayPal Payments Standard had been enabled with someone else's details!

I have rectified this and checked that payment had been received in my account for recent orders, which they have thankfully.

Is this likely to be a glitch or a hack? Shall I report this somewhere?

ASP

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:16 pm

ASP wrote:
EvolveWebHosting wrote:It would really help if you posted your OC version at a minimum. Every version is different.

I'm using Version 2.0.3.1 and just realised that my PayPal Express Checkout extension had been uninstalled, and PayPal Payments Standard had been enabled with someone else's details!

I have rectified this and checked that payment had been received in my account for recent orders, which they have thankfully.

Is this likely to be a glitch or a hack? Shall I report this somewhere?
The least you could do is share this "someone else" details here so that we can try to isolate this case

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by ASP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Burt65 wrote: The least you could do is share this "someone else" details here so that we can try to isolate this case
fr.png

fr.png (26.95 KiB) Viewed 3515 times

ASP

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:39 pm

The email huawei.spa6145@outlook.fr does not exist and cannot be confirm by PayPal.

If someone wanted to take some transaction (money) away from you, I think they would have used a real email address.

Paypal would not work if the email cannot be confirm...
huawei.spa6145@outlook.fr
host mx1.hotmail.com [65.55.33.119]
error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<huawei.spa6145@outlook.fr>:
550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by ASP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:09 pm

I find it deeply concerning that I was suddenly unable to login via my usual admin account, and when I logged in via the backup, I noticed that this change to my payment details had been made.

Is there anything I can do to increase admin security?

ASP

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:24 pm

ASP wrote:I find it deeply concerning that I was suddenly unable to login via my usual admin account, and when I logged in via the backup, I noticed that this change to my payment details had been made.

Is there anything I can do to increase admin security?
Here's a nice relative topic that covers the subject: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... n-opencart

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 pm

You could use directory-security as an additional security on you admin folder.

I see that your PayPal module is disabled?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ASP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

straightlight wrote: Here's a nice relative topic that covers the subject: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... n-opencart
Thank you, I will action these steps shortly.

ASP

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:58 pm

ASP wrote:
straightlight wrote: Here's a nice relative topic that covers the subject: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... n-opencart
Thank you, I will action these steps shortly.

Just in case, remember that if you rename the admin folder, then every time you install an extension you will obviously have to rename the admin folder in the extension install to match your new folder name...

Location - Oz

Post by artcore » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:10 pm

I would make sure firstly that your DB wasn't accessed remotely(you should disable this in your hosting control panel or if you have a VPS, bind SQL to localhost only) or via a script uploaded to your site.
Check the SQL logs for the time the paypal settings were modified and see what and who did this.
Renaming admin would probably give more headaches like Burt mentioned. Why not allow just your IP(s) to this.

top of .htaccess:

Code: Select all

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 123.123.123.123

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

One tactic without a link would be by adding a clone login with a query string which one would constantly deny login and the query login that would accept the login.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:19 pm

artcore wrote: Why not allow just your IP(s) to this.

top of .htaccess:

order deny,allow
deny from all
What happen if your ISP is dynamic?

Location - Oz

Post by ASP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 pm

artcore wrote:I would make sure firstly that your DB wasn't accessed remotely(you should disable this in your hosting control panel or if you have a VPS, bind SQL to localhost only) or via a script uploaded to your site.
Check the SQL logs for the time the paypal settings were modified and see what and who did this.
Renaming admin would probably give more headaches like Burt mentioned. Why not allow just your IP(s) to this.

top of .htaccess:

order deny,allow
deny from all
Remote DB access is not enabled. Where can I view the SQL logs?

ASP

Post by artcore » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:31 pm

They usually are in var/lib/mysql on Linux but that said I'm not sure how to access this in shared hosting.
I don't recall seeing this in cpanel for instance.
Could you ask your hoster for the specific logs for that date?
You can check the apache logs to see if there is anything specific, like an file upload. Something similar to
POST - filename.xxx
And also via FTP or cpanel filemanager, latest changed files.
Should give you a clue.

Hopefully all is safe and it's just a javascript taking too long to process. This can be checked in the browser developer tools (F12)

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by frishops » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

I've always been concerned that my admin will be hacked and all my payments be taken away by hacker. I am also using 2.0.3.1, The fact that this has happened is really alarming.

Your Local Store.
http://www.frishops.ca
http://www.frishops.cn

Location - Quebec, Canada

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:06 am

artcore wrote:They usually are in var/lib/mysql on Linux but that said I'm not sure how to access this in shared hosting.
I don't recall seeing this in cpanel for instance.
Could you ask your hoster for the specific logs for that date?
You can check the apache logs to see if there is anything specific, like an file upload. Something similar to
POST - filename.xxx
And also via FTP or cpanel filemanager, latest changed files.
Should give you a clue.

Hopefully all is safe and it's just a javascript taking too long to process. This can be checked in the browser developer tools (F12)
That is correct. On shared hosting plans, only the network team has access to database monitoring other than full or Business dedicated servers.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON