Post by Sugar Skull » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Hello, I'm trying OC for the first time. I use Joomla and other apps so this is not new to me. Though I do have an issue trying to get going that I don't seem to be able to solve after looking around and do some research.

When I try to upload an extension through admin, it starts to go, then I get this error?

<html><head>
<title>501 Method Not Implemented</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Method Not Implemented</h1>
<p>GET to /admin/index.php not supported.<br />
</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

Any Help is greatly appreciated!!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by blained » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 am

I have exactly the same problem on a fresh install of Open Cart 2.0.1.1. I've tried different browsers and installed the QuickFix that's been mentioned elsewhere, and still nothing. Were you able to get any assistance?
Thanks
Blaine

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:51 am

Post by blained » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:54 am

I just found something interesting. I'm not sure how much further I'll get, but after receiving the error message about 'Method Not Implemented', I tried re-uploading the .zip without clearing the temp files the installer was asking me to get rid of. It loaded fine, said the extension was installed, and now it shows up under Extensions...Modifications as installed and enabled! ???

Thanks,
Blaine

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:51 am

Post by gedielson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 am

501 error is often related to server overload or, more rare, outdated server:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001020.htm

In other words, try to talk with your host about this. Also, can you try the upload from a different host and see if the error persist?

http://gepeixoto.com.br


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 am
Location - Brazil

Post by gedielson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 am

blained wrote:I just found something interesting. I'm not sure how much further I'll get, but after receiving the error message about 'Method Not Implemented', I tried re-uploading the .zip without clearing the temp files the installer was asking me to get rid of. It loaded fine, said the extension was installed, and now it shows up under Extensions...Modifications as installed and enabled! ???

Thanks,
Blaine
Yes. By keeping the temp files, you required less server memory. Has I said, it's a server overload issue.

http://gepeixoto.com.br


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 am
Location - Brazil

Post by billrad » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:04 am

I have the same issue with an install of 2.0.2.0 on an arvixe server. It is obviously some conflict on the server, etc.

I hope they get it sorted out. Manually installing extensions is a royal pain.

billlrad

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 am

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Fellows, I get Nut's, by reading, what you are trying to do. :o

Who in the World would UPLOAD a ZIP-File, probably FULLY unaware of it's Content,
to a Server, planned to create Income, and Security, in the first Place?!

Unzip those files, and check 'em first, and remove everything, NOT directly belonging to,
what you want to achieve. CHECK FILES for external URL's, as Links or placed in Javascripts!!
They, usually, DON'T belong there, so, make sure, they won't!

And then, upload them by an FTP-CLient, the clean and proper Way!

It's similar to buying an iPhone, fully unaware of the fact, that even every INTERNAL
Phone Data Search will automatically result in a message to somebody, informing them, what one
keeps on Data, on the personal Phone....

I have seen, and found, THINGS, during the past 16 Months, NOT belonging onto an OC-powered Shop- Server.
And I would NEVER upload a ZIP File, to one of my Servers, anyway, because I want to check first,
if I need, and want, everything, contained in a ZIP, or RAR, or whatever.

You are just making it very easy for others, to check you out. But this is, posssibly the DIFFERENCE,
between those, starting an enterprise on Knowledge, and Professional Behaviour, and those, believing in
Hope, or some God, that it will work out. Somehow, as beeing a Newbie, forever... ::)

Just to mention it. It's not my problem, after all...
Good Luck
Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

I don't use Forum Mail, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
-
Server Q & A Basic Information on Code + Settings
http://www.everyauction.info/serverinfo.html
Demoversion OpenCart LIGHT v.1.5.6.5
http://www.jti.li/shop/
1'400+ FREE OC Extensions - from OC v.1.5.x up,
on the world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
-
Image


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by nivar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:39 am

did this work?

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am

Post by viethemes » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:38 pm


http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:17 pm


Post by nivar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:53 am

viethemes wrote:You may like this extension http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... uick%20fix
this solve some issue of upload the module, but still getting some module with error

Image

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:12 am

Version 2.1.0.2_rc
I already installed several Extensions, by use of the built-in installer, by Example, another theme, and a VqModerator.
BOTH installed correctly, every time, and display, in the extension section, but, regardless of this, I cannot find a Theme, not a VqModerator, to activate, not even a valid link, and I cannot find any SOURCE, uploaded to those, nor the Mod's, anywhere. It's probably hidden from view! But, even after disabling the Custom Theme, in the Extension section, the only place, where some of it resides, seemengly, I now have a nice BLACK background Default theme.

But still better than nothing, or just a bunch errors, at least. 8)
for an ever-newbie, like me...
Ernie

I don't use Forum Mail, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
-
Server Q & A Basic Information on Code + Settings
http://www.everyauction.info/serverinfo.html
Demoversion OpenCart LIGHT v.1.5.6.5
http://www.jti.li/shop/
1'400+ FREE OC Extensions - from OC v.1.5.x up,
on the world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
-
Image


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by nivar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:00 am

IP_CAM wrote:Version 2.1.0.2_rc
I already installed several Extensions, by use of the built-in installer, by Example, another theme, and a VqModerator.
BOTH installed correctly, every time, and display, in the extension section, but, regardless of this, I cannot find a Theme, not a VqModerator, to activate, not even a valid link, and I cannot find any SOURCE, uploaded to those, nor the Mod's, anywhere. It's probably hidden from view! But, even after disabling the Custom Theme, in the Extension section, the only place, where some of it resides, seemengly, I now have a nice BLACK background Default theme.

But still better than nothing, or just a bunch errors, at least. 8)
for an ever-newbie, like me...
Ernie
where you able to install any module and make it work?

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am

Post by nivar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:30 am

nivar wrote:
IP_CAM wrote:Version 2.1.0.2_rc
I already installed several Extensions, by use of the built-in installer, by Example, another theme, and a VqModerator.
BOTH installed correctly, every time, and display, in the extension section, but, regardless of this, I cannot find a Theme, not a VqModerator, to activate, not even a valid link, and I cannot find any SOURCE, uploaded to those, nor the Mod's, anywhere. It's probably hidden from view! But, even after disabling the Custom Theme, in the Extension section, the only place, where some of it resides, seemengly, I now have a nice BLACK background Default theme.

But still better than nothing, or just a bunch errors, at least. 8)
for an ever-newbie, like me...
Ernie
where you able to install any module and make it work?
I have modified bitpay the extension to work with Opencart 2.1.0.1, if you are interested message me.
Might cost reasonable amount to recuperate some of my time and effort :)

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests