Post by deancallaway » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:05 am

Oh wow, i was just at the point where i was going to be pulling my hair out :)

Many thanks for a brilliant yet simple extension :D

Post by interwave » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Very good ! saved tons of work
thank you!

Post by sunsys » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Concept211 wrote:I updated the "Latest Products" vQmod to support 2.0.X (attached).
There is a small problem in this mod, If I have total of 90 latest products and I am displaying only 8 products on homepage under "latest" so now what happens is that 1st 8 products are displayed in random order, 8 products are not getting selected from the 90 products that I have, any solution to this please ??

Regards,
Sun Systems
Industrial Electronics and Instrumentation

Post by Rrr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm

sunsys wrote:
Concept211 wrote:I updated the "Latest Products" vQmod to support 2.0.X (attached).
There is a small problem in this mod, If I have total of 90 latest products and I am displaying only 8 products on homepage under "latest" so now what happens is that 1st 8 products are displayed in random order, 8 products are not getting selected from the 90 products that I have, any solution to this please ??
Hi,
I'm interesed in this too!

Rrr

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:16 pm

I've updated the first post with 2.x support for all 4 scripts now.

Administrator

Post by yanc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:53 pm

I try to use your .xml in a custom theme i use with custom Latest, Featured, Best seller etc modules.

I found in catalog/controller/module the name of these modules and what i did is changed the xml's line

<file name="catalog/controller/module/bestseller.php">
to
<file name="catalog/controller/module/my-custom-bestseller.php">

which of course didn't work ;D

I understand it can be a little more complicated than this but, can it be done?

Thanks!

Post by vaguemind » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:43 pm

yanc wrote:I try to use your .xml in a custom theme i use with custom Latest, Featured, Best seller etc modules.

I found in catalog/controller/module the name of these modules and what i did is changed the xml's line

<file name="catalog/controller/module/bestseller.php">
to
<file name="catalog/controller/module/my-custom-bestseller.php">

which of course didn't work ;D

I understand it can be a little more complicated than this but, can it be done?

Thanks!
any updates about this for version 2.2.0 .. as also i am having a custom module ( Filter Products ) is it the same code ?

Post by normdouglas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:28 am

Qphoria wrote:Created vqmods for random latest, featured, bestsellers, and specials using the new no-strain method

What does "no-strain" mean?
Normally items are randomized by using the "rand()" mysql command. The problem with this is that the more products you have, the more items that must be randomized on the database. If you have a lot of products, it puts a large strain on the database having to randomize them all first, then only grabbing 10 of them.

So this mod uses a better method. It will pull more than the limit set and randomize them with php which is much faster and less intensive. Then return only the limit requested. Removing strain from the database.

UPDATED WITH 2.0.X SUPPORT
Forgive me for dragging this up... is the above 2.3 ready? I've just tried it and it would appear that it has any effect.
Happy to alter myself if need to... but help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Location - Australia

Post by zaidladha » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Module works great for me on 2.3.0.2 !
Last edited by zaidladha on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Updated for 2.3.x support

Administrator

Post by daneshh » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm

randomize special widget worked on 2.2
thanks for this useful module

Post by zaidladha » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 am

Hi,
Thanks for the awesome mod. Can you please let me know if its possible to select only items with a sort order below a certain value (say below 2 for an example). It would be nice to select only higher priority items for a larger site. I'm not sure but i think it's a matter of adding p.sort_order<2 somewhere in getProductSpecials. I am open to it using either the specials sort order or the product sort order. Ideally the product sort order.

This mod works great as described though, so thank you! Version 2.3.0.2

Post by nightwing » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:23 am

Hi Qphoria,

Awesome Mod, I have a few questions.
1) Is there a way a timer could be set on this mod to change every 24 hours, instead of every refresh?
2) Will you ever release a version for OC v 3x? Currently I am using 3.0.3.2 with the Default Theme and I would love to be able to use this module.
Even if you wont support v3 I love this mod and I am quite happy it helped others!

Happy holidays!
Qphoria wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm
Created vqmods for random latest, featured, bestsellers, and specials using the new no-strain method

What does "no-strain" mean?
Normally items are randomized by using the "rand()" mysql command. The problem with this is that the more products you have, the more items that must be randomized on the database. If you have a lot of products, it puts a large strain on the database having to randomize them all first, then only grabbing 10 of them.

So this mod uses a better method. It will pull more than the limit set and randomize them with php which is much faster and less intensive. Then return only the limit requested. Removing strain from the database.

UPDATED WITH 2.X and 2.3.x SUPPORT

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing