Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 pm

i see what you mean with the openbay pro links in the admin. i can fix this so it will be an extension option in the next version. if i had manage to finish testing the vqmod style manager in the 2.0 release it could have been an option that could be set as off by default.

unfortunately we were on a schedule with paypal and amazon could not really wait another month or two.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JakeMS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 am

Daniel wrote:i will go over the code when i have a chance and make it conform to OC style.

need to release something though. the last release was over 7 months ago.
Hi,

You don't "need" to release anything. Don't let people pressure you into a forced release. If it's not ready, it's not ready. As long as it's not a security issue, they can wait. :)

Anyhow, thanks for the release, I'll be looking into the code another day to see what I can backport to my opencart based codebase :).

Edit: Also, minor bug in your announcement:
All of the integration's have been officially certified by PayPal and OpenCart is now an official PayPal partner: [link to PayPal partner directory].
Forgot the link ;)

Powered by Rum
Eternal Goth

Location - /dev/null

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Maybe someone can explain to all of us how the Recurring Payments (setup) work?

I for one cannot get it to work :choke:

"Warning: No Payment options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"

PayPal, Banktransfer and Pay by Check are available.....

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ogun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

The problems (especially OpenBay integration) are a real shame, but this:
Daniel wrote:We have also added subscription payments to OpenCart and PayPal Express Checkout is the first payment module that supports the feature. You can create recurring profiles for products so users get billed based on the profile settings.
...and the Amazon checkout are excellent additions. Great work! Looking forward to having a play with it :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by utomo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:15 pm

is there any bug fix between 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6 ?

Thanks

Post by zequinhaBSB » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 am

Hello Daniel and O.C. crew:

Great FREE product. I am using it in Brazil and in the US for over a year now. I was forced to move into something PHP once I had to give up on my personal [windows] servers and move to shared environment.

OpenCart was a quick solution.

The learning curve was steep since I had never used PHP (or mySql for the matter) before.

After getting everything working the way I needed, I installed an update released soon after. DISASTER! Had to start all over again. Lesson learned!

Now, again, I have everything working great; all the files the way I want.

While I am grateful for the great job you and yours have done, I am also sympathetic with the complaints about "having to release something".

If it was my own project, I would go for a very strong core product bearing in mind easy integration of the third-party modules. That would make it a superb product.

Once again, thanks for the great product OC is.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:22 pm

utomo wrote:is there any bug fix between 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6 ?

Thanks
Every release has an associated bug topic
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=106692

Administrator

Post by zequinhaBSB » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Even though I believe that you should not change a winning team, why the javascript was not updated?

Nivo-Slider is now 3.2
jCarousel is now 0.2.9
jquery is now 1.10.2

I have made the upgrades and necessary changes on my installations.

Post by Klimskady » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Is there anyway to update but remove the OpenBay stuff, If I wanted it I would download it.. I am astounded that this got added without any mention and yet vQmod which is actually useful to use is still waiting to be added to the core.

I was looking forward to 2.0, now I am not so sure, I hope the developers of the CE edition sees this and doesn't make the same mistake.

Post by embroidink » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 am

Klimskady wrote:...I am astounded that this got added without any mention and yet vQmod which is actually useful to use is still waiting to be added to the core.

Amen to that!!

Also, don't let the Suits dictate your Mission. I've learned the hard way. They will soon be making other demands and be asking you to compromise your ethics and morals that will ultimately benefit them far more than this community will ever see.

Just look at what happened to HostGator last week. What used to be a model for all Small Business is now seeing what happens when you Sell Out.

Location - Prior Lake, MN

Post by olimax » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 am

Firstly, as always, thank you Daniel for Opencart
It is a great product in theory.

However I have to agree with most of the complaints above and the key ones is the same old problem. Yet again a release that is buggy and not fully tested yet without completely fixing outstanding issues, just adding features that there is little or no demand for, while ignoring the real wants of the majority of users.

You dont seem to have appreciate that these people here are your client base and a very loyal cleint base at that.
But you don't seem to listen to them at all. Reaction to client feedback is crucial to any business
I am sure they are all willing to chip in. We have had this over and over again but why is there no beta programme.
Not just for a day. Stick it out for a month, get the bugs knocked out of it, get some feedback then, when it is all in shape, stick it out for general consumption. At least you then wouldn't have to hear the same old complaints from us, your clients.

For all new sites I am still using a heavily modded version of 1.5.2 that I have rewritten and debugged. It took a while but at least I know I can start from the ground up with a clean solid base, tried and thoroughly tested and will work 100%.
I've upgraded all the JS and added actual useful stuff.
If I need newer features I can just write them though they are rarely the ones in newer releases. Certainly integrated OpenBay Pro isn't one of them.

I, too, was waiting to see what happened with V2
But after this I am seriously considering switching to a workable alternative, if one exists.
It would be a shame though. I have great affection for OC and it seem like an old friend.
But sometimes it is just better to move on before it goes horribly wrong.

Location - Barcelona & London

Post by Daniel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:40 am

olimax,

I don;t know who you think you are, but you will be getting banned if post a subject like this again.

i don;t work for you, i work for myself and i add what ever i want into opencart. if your unhappy about this i suggest you move to magento.

i already know how the community feels and plans are being worked on to resolve these issues. i have just released one version and don;t plan to release another so soon to just to remove one feature. so people are going to have to put up with it until 2.0 can be released.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by olimax » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:24 pm

As you are asking I am one of your customers. QED

I am truly most grateful for what you have achieved with OpenCart. It is a great tool.
but all I was saying, perhaps too forcefully, is that beta testing has been a long discussed subject and would be a useful tool in development. I don't know if other software that doesn't do this. As a user I just need a stable version.

Thanks

Location - Barcelona & London

Post by netops » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Are there any significant reasons to upgrade from 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6.0 if one does not intend to use the new openbay and paypal integrations?

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 pm

netops wrote:Are there any significant reasons to upgrade from 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6.0 if one does not intend to use the new openbay and paypal integrations?
no

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by toners4u » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 am

"All of the integration's have been officially certified by PayPal and OpenCart is now an official PayPal partner: [link to PayPal partner directory]."

Daniel - just looked at Paypal when checking which version we need for another site & noticed that you are not showing on the paypal page https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/shopping-carts - is there a problem or are paypal slow to update their site?

Also, can you clarify if a 1.5.6.1 is likely to be coming soon - or if standalone updates for just the paypal integration will be available? Would I be right in thinking that V2 has slipped to closer to the end of this year rather than sometime over the next few weeks?

Appreciate all the work you do on this :)

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 am

Pretty sure V2 wasn't just around the corner to be honest

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Anne » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 am

When is there going to come a solution for dependent options per product ?

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 am

Anne wrote:When is there going to come a solution for dependent options per product ?
there's a module by rph for dependent options. I doubt it will ever be built in, and I hope it won't ever be too

Guru Member

Location - Singapore