Post by showitoff » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

I've recently had trouble with the USPS first class mail option. Right now it won't even show as an option for our customers at check out. We sell decals, and everything is under 3.5 ounces and so the first class mail option should be showing up just fine, from what I was told once before.

We recently upgraded to the latest version of opencart, and I went to test the shipping options to see what would show up, and it still will only show a priority mail option.

Looking in the error log, it seems the weight of the product is being sent over as 2 POUNDS instead of 2 ounces as it's set up in the product settings. Can someone help me decipher the error log below, and tell me how to fix the pounds thing when it should really just be coming over as ounces? Why would it even say it's 2 pounds when I've keyed it in as 2.0 ounces in the product settings? Our weight classes are all set to 'ounce' instead of pound so I know that can't be it. Unless there's something I'm missing here.

Code: Select all

2012-07-21 18:56:59 - USPS DATA SENT: API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="079SHOWI4279">	<Package ID="1">		<Service>ALL</Service>		<ZipOrigination>84088</ZipOrigination>		<ZipDestination>85027</ZipDestination>		<Pounds>2</Pounds>		<Ounces>0</Ounces>		<Container>VARIABLE</Container>		<Size>REGULAR</Size>		<Width>1</Width>		<Length>1</Length>		<Height>1</Height>		<Girth>5</Girth>		<Machinable>true</Machinable>	</Package></RateV4Request>
2012-07-21 18:56:59 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?><RateV4Response><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>84088</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>85027</ZipDestination><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>29.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>29.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="23"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery</MailService><Rate>41.85</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="55"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="56"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="57"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>52.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="25"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="30"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="31"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="32"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>6.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>15.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>11.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>5.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="44"><MailService>Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="29"><MailService>Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="38"><MailService>Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="42"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="40"><MailService>Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>6.16</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>2.89</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>2.75</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:06 am

showitoff wrote:I've recently had trouble with the USPS first class mail option. Right now it won't even show as an option for our customers at check out. We sell decals, and everything is under 3.5 ounces and so the first class mail option should be showing up just fine, from what I was told once before.

We recently upgraded to the latest version of opencart, and I went to test the shipping options to see what would show up, and it still will only show a priority mail option.

Looking in the error log, it seems the weight of the product is being sent over as 2 POUNDS instead of 2 ounces as it's set up in the product settings. Can someone help me decipher the error log below, and tell me how to fix the pounds thing when it should really just be coming over as ounces? Why would it even say it's 2 pounds when I've keyed it in as 2.0 ounces in the product settings? Our weight classes are all set to 'ounce' instead of pound so I know that can't be it. Unless there's something I'm missing here.

2012-07-21 18:56:59 - USPS DATA SENT: API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="079SHOWI4279">	<Package ID="1">		<Service>ALL</Service>		<ZipOrigination>84088</ZipOrigination>		<ZipDestination>85027</ZipDestination>		<Pounds>2</Pounds>		<Ounces>0</Ounces>		<Container>VARIABLE</Container>		<Size>REGULAR</Size>		<Width>1</Width>		<Length>1</Length>		<Height>1</Height>		<Girth>5</Girth>		<Machinable>true</Machinable>	</Package></RateV4Request>
2012-07-21 18:56:59 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?><RateV4Response><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>84088</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>85027</ZipDestination><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>29.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>29.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="23"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery</MailService><Rate>41.85</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="55"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="56"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="57"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>52.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="25"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="30"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="31"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="32"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>6.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>15.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>11.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>5.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="44"><MailService>Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="29"><MailService>Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="38"><MailService>Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="42"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="40"><MailService>Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>6.16</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>2.89</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>2.75</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>
What do you have set for the usps weight class in the usps configuration? It should be Pounds

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by mbstreasurista » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:22 am

Qphoria wrote:
showitoff wrote:I've recently had trouble with the USPS first class mail option. Right now it won't even show as an option for our customers at check out. We sell decals, and everything is under 3.5 ounces and so the first class mail option should be showing up just fine, from what I was told once before.

What do you have set for the usps weight class in the usps configuration? It should be Pounds
Have you been able to fix this, as i believe this is the same issue i'm having. Please let me know if and how you have fixed it.
Thanks,
Misty

Post by codeinacan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

I see the same sort of errors in USPS module, although occurring under priority mail as well, shipping values show in cart and seem low end, but error logs have same errors as reported prior in posts.

Has their been a solution?

Post by codeinacan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 am

In the USPS module it asks for the setting under (weight class) to be in "Pound" and on the dashboard under "setting" then click on edit and go to "Local" then scroll down to (weight class) this to is set to "Pound" It does not matter if a item in the cart is ounce or pound in the product page these error occur; Also under "guest checkout" there should be and Astrix (*) next to the "Post Code" Box so the customer knows it is required, even if later there is a warning message telling you to add the "Post Code" before you can go on.

Any help in resolving these issues is greatly appreciated.

2012-09-30 7:21:58 - USPS DATA SENT: API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="Removed Intentionally"> <Package ID="1"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>13902</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>54736</ZipDestination> <Pounds>5</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>12.00</Width> <Length>12.00</Length> <Height>12.00</Height> <Girth>60</Girth> <Machinable>true</Machinable> </Package></RateV4Request>
2012-09-30 7:21:58 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?><RateV4Response><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>13902</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>54736</ZipDestination><Pounds>5</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable><Zone>5</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>44.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>44.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="55"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="56"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="30"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="31"><MailService>Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="62"><MailService>Express Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="63"><MailService>Express Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>14.55</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>15.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>11.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>5.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="44"><MailService>Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="29"><MailService>Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="38"><MailService>Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="42"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="40"><MailService>Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>10.34</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>4.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>3.95</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>