Size
- Md (+$2.00)
- Lg (+$4.00)

to

Product: 10.00
Size
- Md ($12.00)
- Lg ($14.00)

Similar to how Options Boost offers with its "=" price prefix.

Works with all currencies.
Works with all price supported option types (select, radio, checkbox, etc)

Attachments

1.5 and 2.x support

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 am

Whoops.. corrected.. had it saved in the wrong encoding and was causing errors

Administrator

Post by tony2011 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:40 am

Thanks so much for all your help ! =) :)

Post by Shadowsong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for this. I've purchased your mods in the past and this mod is helpful. One question though. I was wondering how using "-" can work. For example, if a store has 3 options and the middle option is the price shown and the others are higher and lower, visually on the product page all options show the difference added and not subtracted even if they are set with a "-" in the admin panel.

Like :

Product as Red option
price is 10.00

in admin panel it would be set like this

Black - 5.00
Red 0.00
Blue + 10.00

so it should visually show on the product page as

Black 5.00
Red 10.00
Blue 20.00

But instead, with this mod, it shows on the product page as

Black 15.00
Red 10.00
Blue 20.00

Is there a way to use the "-" minus option in the admin panel to visually display with the minus price on the product page. Otherwise I guess one can simply always start with the lower priced item and work their way up in price for options. So in the above example I'd start with the Black price and add to that base price. But if the Red option is the more popular one or one to feature it would be nice to have that as an option. I'm using opencart Version 1.5.3.1.

Post by PrintingHull » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:47 am

This is great. I'm not too good with coding, where in the code should this be included?

Thanks in advance
C

Post by travist6983 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 am

I am also not so good at coding PHP either but i think i kind of understand what the XML is saying.

Edit this file
catalog/controller/product/product.php

and add
$option_value['price_prefix'] = ''; $option_value['price'] = (($product_info['special'] ? $product_info['special'] : $product_info['price']) + $option_value['price']);

After
foreach ($option['option_value'] as $option_value)

But i have tried adding this every which way and it either only shows 1 option or gives an error.

Can we get a bit of clarification on how to implement this?

Thank You VERY much!

Post by travist6983 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:28 am

OK so i have figured out that i need to use VQMod and it says that this is enabled is there anything else that i need to do to activate it or use it?

I am using Version 1.4.9.3 which i know it says its tested with 1.5 but was hoping it would work with my version

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:31 am

travist6983 wrote:OK so i have figured out that i need to use VQMod and it says that this is enabled is there anything else that i need to do to activate it or use it?

I am using Version 1.4.9.3 which i know it says its tested with 1.5 but was hoping it would work with my version
1.5.x only

Administrator

Post by storm-cloud » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Hello Q,

Excellent work as always!

I have been using a similar mod to this for a few months. I think I may have found it on one of your posts on another thread. Like Shadowsong mentioned, the only issue is with negative amounts, the amount shown actually adds the negative amount to the total.

For example, product price is $100.00, adding an option reduces the price by $40.00 (-$40.00) but the option displays this as $140.00 instead of $60.00 as desired.

Is there a way to correct this?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 am

storm-cloud wrote: For example, product price is $100.00, adding an option reduces the price by $40.00 (-$40.00) but the option displays this as $140.00 instead of $60.00 as desired.

Is there a way to correct this?
Corrected.. redownload

Administrator

Post by elliottgarner » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Is there a way to have the options display prices ex. VAT? Have tried to implement this myself but all changes I make throw up various errors.

For example, the store I wish to run this on has the product price without VAT first, then underneath the price with VAT. When people wish to select an option for that product it shows the price with VAT, making it seem as though there is a large price difference when in fact it's negligible.

Thanks for this mod, really useful :)

Post by PetSue » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:39 am

This is excellent as it makes it easier for customers to work out pricing, but is it possible to only show in say sizes as for me it also shows in colours when for our products colour pricing doesn't change the product price at all and it looks messy with all the pricing added to the colour option list.

Post by elliottgarner » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm

My bad! As it turns out it was as easy as I thought it should be to get the prices displayed without VAT (dividing the result by 1.2) -- I had accidentally removed a bracket while tinkering. :laugh:

Thanks again for the mod.

Post by kmac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Wonderful & works like a charm!

BUT I would also like to know how I can customize the code so that options that DON'T have a price won't include the "default" price of a product.

For instance I have a silver ring that sells for $69, with options to upgrade to gold (14 Karat $150, etc).
But their is also ring size options & each ring size includes the $69 - very confusing to a customer.

Or is it possible to include/exclude in the code particular global options?

Any help with this would be fantastic.

Cheers

Post by PetSue » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:32 pm

kmac wrote:Wonderful & works like a charm!

BUT I would also like to know how I can customize the code so that options that DON'T have a price won't include the "default" price of a product.

For instance I have a silver ring that sells for $69, with options to upgrade to gold (14 Karat $150, etc).
But their is also ring size options & each ring size includes the $69 - very confusing to a customer.

Or is it possible to include/exclude in the code particular global options?

Any help with this would be fantastic.

Cheers
Exactly what I would like, you just explained it better :)

Post by snajperista » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Looks like something I'm doing wrong. I have attached a xml file in the xml folder, but nothing happened. Can someone briefly explain the use of this modul. Opencart 1.5.4

Post by Mr Hot Pants » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:26 am

I've got exactly the same problem as kmac and several other people who have posted in this thread. Prices are now shown against ALL products in options lists. This wasn't the case prior to the mod being installed.

Although this mod is very much appreciated and very helpful to many (thank you Qphoria), it kinda gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

It would be great just to be able show the ACTUAL prices of specific products in a drop-down/check/radio list and to be able to list other items in a similar manner, but without base prices prices being displayed. The current setup causes major confusion when customers are trying to purchase items as it appears as though the base price is being added to each option they have to enter.

If there is a mod out there that will offer the flexibility, then I'll gladly buy it. All I want it to do is this:

Product A
Small - $10.00
Med - $15.00
Large - $20.00

NOT

Small - $10.00
Med - +$5.00
Large - +$20.00

Product B
Red
Blue
Green

NOT

Product B
Red ($2.99)
Blue ($2.99)
Green ($2.99)

Sorry if the above seems to be asking too much but these options have been commonplace amongst other shopping carts for years. The support in here is helpful but it often take forever searching around without finding a definitive answer. Which mod(s) WILL enable me to do the above?

Thank you very much.

Post by Sbrookhouse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I am using OC version 1.5.4.1

I have uploaded the xml file to the appropriate xml folder. I do not see anything different in my admin panel. I am still seeing the +/- drop down.

Is there or is there going to be an upgrade that is compatible with 1.5.4.1 or am I just totally missing something?

Thanks

Post by snajperista » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:36 am

Yes, I have an identical problem. Nothing happens after inserting xml file

Post by jmagro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 am

Any answer to the most recent questions? I'm using 1.5.4 also and my options are still showing the default way:
Option [1] (+$50)