Post by m3scott » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 am

First, let me say I love OpenCart. I am mostly on osCommerce, and tried Magento live on a site for about a year. OpenCart is the perfect in-between ground for me, and I plan on getting everything over to it in the future. The order editor is on the way, so that is one thing about to be fixed. Here is another... IMHO

One thing I dislike is viewing an order. In order to see all the info in one glance, I have to create an invoice. I cannot compare shipping vs billing address easily, nor see the products, status, etc without creating the invoice.

osCommerce is great in this area...

Magento is user friendly as well.

OpenCart... well, this is what we see on 1.5.1.3. No way to see what was ordered, billing address, etc. The invoice isn't bad though.

If I were better at coding :crazy: , I bet a vqMod could fix this. But it should be in the main code I think.
Thoughts?

Post by webpie it. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 am

The magento one looks very nice! Do agree here after looking at the above images. This actually wouldnt be too hard to break up the tabs and just place it in a table. But withe order editor coming i wouldnt bother until then.

Regards

Chris

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm assuming you mean you can't see all the information in one page when you say "No way to see what was ordered, billing address, etc." because if you click on the tabs to the left, it brings up all the information.

I agree a one page order overview would be nice though, as it beats having to switch between the tabs.

Joel.
Last edited by OpenCart Addons on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by m3scott » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 am

Yes, you can click through the tabs to see all the order info. I probably should have worded that better.

However I like to compare the billing vs shipping address as a quick visual check against fraud. It is difficult to do with the current layout without creating the invoice. Plus the other info is nice to be able to glance over without clicking on 5 different tabs.

Scott