Post by asphole » Mon May 09, 2011 7:19 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
Daniel wrote:I'm changing the system now so that the mega menu links are put in by you.
Awesome. Thanks!
Daniel wrote:The categories on the left hand side will still be required. I was thinking of having it so that it filters down for every link you click on the categories. How do you want the left categories bar to work? please post links to examples.
I like the fly out menu that you have now in RC1. If the mega menu is gonna be fly out I think the category menu should match. Keep it consistent across the board.

Yes, I also like the RC1 version. Or failing that a version which expands/collapses to show the submenus would be nice.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Daniel » Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm

think about what you are saying though guys. the vertical menu can only go 3 levels deep. so that means the side categories menu needs to go deeper. so when some one visits a product page they can click the categories box on the left hand side to go to another category within the same sub category.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Daniel » Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Daniel wrote:think about what you are saying though guys. the vertical menu can only go 3 levels deep. so that means the side categories menu needs to go deeper. so when some one visits a product page they can click the categories box on the left hand side to go to another category within the same sub category.
I'm actually getting a bit annoyed that some people complain saying horizontal menu is a bad idea because they can not fit all there categories on it then others complain about the vertical one telling me I should have one on top.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by opencartisalright » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Daniel wrote:
Daniel wrote:think about what you are saying though guys. the vertical menu can only go 3 levels deep. so that means the side categories menu needs to go deeper. so when some one visits a product page they can click the categories box on the left hand side to go to another category within the same sub category.
I'm actually getting a bit annoyed that some people complain saying horizontal menu is a good idea then other company about the vertical one telling me I should have one on top.
That's why you should let the theme developers worry with it. You're not going to be able to satisfy 100% of the people with only 1 default theme. You probably wouldn't be able to satisfy 100% of the people even if you included 5 default themes.

If this is the only thing holding back RC2 then I say eff it and just leave the theme the same as RC1. If people don't like it they can wait for a 3rd party theme developer to make something they like, or they can hire a theme developer to do custom work for them.
Last edited by opencartisalright on Mon May 09, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 am

Post by reynierpm » Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

In IMHO should be a side (vertical) menu with the ability to stay on left or right with almost 3 or 4 levels maximum because as I said in a previous post a extended horizontal menu can break the page design (thinking for example a horizontal menu with 10 top categories). Anyway I'll like the top menu as a module or extension.

And I'm totally agree with @opencartisalright let the theme developers do the theme job. I'll like to see RC2 soon ;)

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by pilgrim » Mon May 09, 2011 9:53 pm

daza2304 wrote:Same problem with me, using svn version 230

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205
I think you can just comment out the offending line 205 without too much 'damage' at this stage of development. I could be wrong (I frequently am ) but it looks like something that Daniel may have slipped in as a bit of 'future-proofing' and the admin side hasn't caught up yet. Like I say, this could be absolute twaddle on my part but try commenting out line 205 anyway and see if that helps you look at the rest of the design as it stands so far.

Be the change you want to see in the world


User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by Daniel » Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

pilgrim wrote:
daza2304 wrote:Same problem with me, using svn version 230

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205Notice: Undefined index: column in C:\xampp\htdocs\rage-systems\catalog\controller\common\header.php on line 205
I think you can just comment out the offending line 205 without too much 'damage' at this stage of development. I could be wrong (I frequently am ) but it looks like something that Daniel may have slipped in as a bit of 'future-proofing' and the admin side hasn't caught up yet. Like I say, this could be absolute twaddle on my part but try commenting out line 205 anyway and see if that helps you look at the rest of the design as it stands so far.

if the SVN is showing errors thats because i did not have time to finish something last night.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by reynierpm » Mon May 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Sure it's coming from rev220 I though but for that I didn't ask before also because this RC1 still in development ;) hope you fix this soon.
@Daniel: I'm interested in change somethings in admin and also in front template, if I do this right now, which will be the consequences? I mean how many changes will be until the next release that affect this topics?

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by tiger » Mon May 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Daniel & Q, i owe you guys a huge apology. Reading some of your previous comments on various topics i thought at times you were a little harsh. However reading through the myriad of pointless comments on the 1.5.0 threads i can only offer you my sympathy.

Mega menu at the top, left, right, 3 levels.. 4 levels deep, input your own links, black background, white background, how many changes til it's ready? And that's just the comments regards the bloody menu!

If you guys left the development team to solidify the core functionality you would then have a fully ready cart to play with and could then set up another thread to moan about how 'you' want it to look. Either learn a little css or pay me to design a theme for you, but for heavens sake, please stop whining [forcing me to read the threads thinking it's something interesting] and let them finish what's important.

Regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by JCO » Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 pm

reynierpm wrote:In IMHO should be a side (vertical) menu with the ability to stay on left or right with almost 3 or 4 levels maximum because as I said in a previous post a extended horizontal menu can break the page design (thinking for example a horizontal menu with 10 top categories). Anyway I'll like the top menu as a module or extension.

And I'm totally agree with @opencartisalright let the theme developers do the theme job. I'll like to see RC2 soon ;)
I also vote for the Side Menu (vertical) ... The reasoning being that the number of categories won't be a limiting factor in design, I know I have many categories and others will too. I think also that a Side Menu is more easy for customers to assimilate when looking for products, which is what categories are for, to be able to easily see and find. Thanks Daniel!

User avatar
JCO
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am

Post by reynierpm » Mon May 09, 2011 10:58 pm

I'll like to see also a functionality "Shop by category" or "Shop by attributes" like others stores do. Is this to difficult to include in this release or it's in a roadmap?

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by daza2304 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Should really leave this as a bug post, as for the menus maybe someone can put a poll up about it, allthough i would agree its not important, that should be left to template developers.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun May 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 10, 2011 12:20 am

daza2304 wrote:
I've tried with RapidSVN on https://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk but it needs user and password. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...
click this link and youll see your password for svn, you need to sign up for a google account

https://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Still it asks me for a login-name and password, the google-account does not help.

OK, a second restart after the SVN install it works.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by daza2304 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:24 am

Sign up for a google account, then click the link i gave you, it works for me...

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun May 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by celestial » Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 am

Error New Order

Notice: Undefined index: voucher in F:\EasyPHP-5.3.5.0\www\gpi_tienda\system\library\cart.php on line 252Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in F:\EasyPHP-5.3.5.0\www\gpi_tienda\system\library\cart.php on line 252

Order History still dont work, all orders in admin are "missing orders"

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
Skype: martin.abel.rosales
San José , Costa Rica


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 am
Location - Costa Rica

Post by Daniel » Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 am

i2Paq wrote:
daza2304 wrote:
I've tried with RapidSVN on https://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk but it needs user and password. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...
click this link and youll see your password for svn, you need to sign up for a google account

https://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Still it asks me for a login-name and password, the google-account does not help.

OK, a second restart after the SVN install it works.

you don;t need a login username and password use this url:

http://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 10, 2011 1:36 am

Daniel wrote: you don;t need a login username and password use this url:

http://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Thanks!

Documentation on how to use our SVN can be found here: Using our SVN

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by asphole » Tue May 10, 2011 1:37 am

tiger wrote:Daniel & Q, i owe you guys a huge apology. Reading some of your previous comments on various topics i thought at times you were a little harsh. However reading through the myriad of pointless comments on the 1.5.0 threads i can only offer you my sympathy.

Mega menu at the top, left, right, 3 levels.. 4 levels deep, input your own links, black background, white background, how many changes til it's ready? And that's just the comments regards the bloody menu!

If you guys left the development team to solidify the core functionality you would then have a fully ready cart to play with and could then set up another thread to moan about how 'you' want it to look. Either learn a little css or pay me to design a theme for you, but for heavens sake, please stop whining [forcing me to read the threads thinking it's something interesting] and let them finish what's important.

Regards
And if you read through the entire topic you'll see that Daniel actually asked for opinions! Sorry I'm not as desperate as you to get to 1.5 but when Daniel had asks for opinions dont start whining at people that actually give them! How Daniel decides to interpret the responses and which way he decides to proceed is of course entirely up to him but now he has an idea of what people are thinking.

Some of us know 'a little css' and wouldn't dream of paying you to design a theme but I was under the impression that the idea was to make 1.5 as good as possible 'out of the box' without having to pay 3rd party developers to enhance it! Maybe thats why you're so keen to have 1.5 released without the menu issue being resolved!? How about instead of whining at people for answering Daniels questions you provide some constructive feedback as you clearly have the skills?

Well thats my 'whining' over for the day! ;)

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

Post by celestial » Tue May 10, 2011 1:46 am

Daniel is not asked, this is a bug thread so if you want participate in find the errors and fixes stay here.

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
Skype: martin.abel.rosales
San José , Costa Rica


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 am
Location - Costa Rica

Post by asphole » Tue May 10, 2011 2:03 am

celestial wrote:Daniel is not asked, this is a bug thread so if you want participate in find the errors and fixes stay here.
Didn't he?

Re: OFFICIAL v1.5.0 RC1 BUG THREAD. POST ALL BUGS HERE

Postby Daniel » Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 am
I'm changing the system now so that the mega menu links are put in by you.

The categories on the left hand side will still be required. I was thinking of having it so that it filters down for every link you click on the categories. How do you want the left categories bar to work? please post links to examples.

Maybe you should have also read the entire thread?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests