Post by deadcow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 am

Tired of manually entering your SEO keywords? Here comes the successor of the AutoSEO module from voodoo!

This module will automatically generate:
- your products SEO keywords
- your categories SEO keywords
- your manufacturers SEO keywords
- your meta keywords
- your products tags (new in v1.1)

The meta keywords generation can use both the templating system (for example product_name], [model_name]) and the Yahoo! Term extraction service (BTW you might not need an App ID, try with some random stuff before).

If you don't know, the Yahoo! Term extraction service will extract keywords from your product description.

Grab it here!

v1.x is for OpenCart before 1.5, v2.x is for Opencart >= 1.5

CHANGELOG :

v2.1
- Quick fix for the buttons to display properly after some OpenCart style changes

v2.0
- OpenCart 1.5 compatibility

v1.2
- NEW : Better language handling by letting the admin choose the source language
- NEW : Better support for typos in product names, eg spaces before / after (suggestion by alexmbra)

v1.1
- NEW : Tags generation
- NEW : Spanish translation thanks to Norbert I.!
- NEW : Added [manufacturer_name] tag to products
- FIXED : No hyphens "-" removal in Meta Keywords generation (suggestion by gsdev)

v1.0
- Initial release

Enjoy and leave your comments!

Attachments

deadcow_SEO.png

deadcow_SEO.png (27.47 KiB) Viewed 15123 times

Last edited by deadcow on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

deadcow, open-source solutions

Post by nathalie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Does it also gives you a warning when you have 2 of the same Title's and Model names?

Post by deadcow » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm

No warning but it will append a number so you'll end up with ipod, ipod-1, ipod-2, etc.

Post by nathalie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Awesome! thank u! Im gonna try it out right now!

Post by alekln » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 pm

it doesnt work with sub categories, their names left the same

Post by minhhieu493 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 am

It work with other languages?

Post by SupraTwinTurbo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Awesome work.

Location - NYC, NY USA

Post by madimar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Excellent Excellent Excellent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by deadcow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 pm

SuprawinTurbo, madimar : thanks!

minhhieu493 : yeah of course. BTW the interface is available in English and French. If you're like Spanish it will stay in English but you can use the module nevertheless.

Post by alexmbra » Mon May 09, 2011 4:55 am

deadcow wrote:No warning but it will append a number so you'll end up with ipod, ipod-1, ipod-2, etc.
Well, that is not working right. I have 2 products with this name: "blusa oncinha", and after generating the product SEO, one of them became like this: "blusa-oncinha-" and the other like this: "blusa-oncinha".

I found out that I had an empty space at the end of one of the products. But this can be fixed if you add this into the makeSlugs function:
Change this:

Code: Select all

$string =  strtolower($this->noDiacritics($string));
Into this:

$string =  rtrim(strtolower($this->noDiacritics($string)));

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Header Banner V3
Animated Flash Banner V2
Rastreamento de envios pelo CTT correios
Flash Expandable Category Side Menu module
Flash Category Side Menu Module
Flash Cart Steps Module
Animated Flash Banner Module
Animated Flash HEADER Banner Module

Post by deadcow » Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 am

Is it the module not working right or your typing that's wrong? If you have the same problem with another module will you ask for a fix too? Wouldn't it be faster to fix the space yourself so that you have a clean database?

Just asking.

Post by alexmbra » Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 am

deadcow wrote:Is it the module not working right or your typing that's wrong? If you have the same problem with another module will you ask for a fix too? Wouldn't it be faster to fix the space yourself so that you have a clean database?

Just asking.

Well, if I was the only person editing and entering new products, it would be faster, but I am not the only person doing that. And I can not be looking over the other persons all the time to be sure they will always making sure that they don't enter empty spaces at the end of the product names.
Also, as a programmer we need to make sure that our code will always try to treat the right way all data entered by any person that could be using our code or software, so that our code could always respond the way it should respond.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Banner V2
Flash Cart Steps Module

Post by deadcow » Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

OK from what you said then it's a bug report for OpenCart in general, isn't it? Let's ask Daniel why he doesn't trim the name before saving to the database.

Post by alexmbra » Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am

deadcow wrote:OK from what you said then it's a bug report for OpenCart in general, isn't it? Let's ask Daniel why he doesn't trim the name before saving to the database.
Why is a Opencart bug? Having a empty space at the end of product's name doesn't affect any opencart functionality.
But is your module, that gets the product name and make some treatment to it. Since is your module that needs to have no empty space at the end, so, it should be your module to take care of that.
Daniel should not be changing the way opencart works because of every module that people develop, don't you think?!

Anyway, this module is a great module.

Flash Ctt Tracking V2
Animated Flash Banner V2
Flash Cart Steps Module

Post by deadcow » Mon May 09, 2011 11:06 am

Hmm yeah but you know why I told you that? I have this module (not written by me) that does a report and allows to group the results by name. If I had your database I wouldn't be able to group because of the spaces. And instead of asking the author to handle my errors, I'd fix the spaces myself, because something is wrong with my database in the first place. *OR* if I wanted to patch something badly I'd patch OpenCart so that the database would be clean - and that would solve every problem we could think of. But I wouldn't patch each module one by one. Well maybe it's just me.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay since you told me you loved the module I'll stop being an asshole and will consider inserting your patch! xD

Better, I'll even insert a trim instead of rtrim so that people that insert a space before won't complain afterwards. How nice is that? :)

Catch you later dude!

Post by nando » Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Does this module work automatically? I mean that AUTO SEO needed the administrator to go to extensions->modules and run the products update everytime a product would go live (if I am not mistaking). This is not working properly on a live website (duplicate products appear in url_alias) and the integration with RSS feeds is not there.

Also, if I install this module and deactivate AUTO SEO first, Would it respect the schem we have now? product_name-product_id? like site/skaters-54 being skaters the title and 54 the product id.

Post by deadcow » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 pm

No, it does not work automatically. For that I would need to change OpenCart core files and I don't want to do that ATM, too much trouble in term of support :)

I'm not quite sure to understand when you talk about duplicate products... If you could send me a dump or something that would be great cause it might be a bug but this is something that was never reported.

You can uninstall AutoSEO, it's the same here, only better, so the scheme is going to be respected, in fact you can edit the scheme the way you want too.

Post by nando » Tue May 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Ok, great to know that! I am still using 1.4.9.1 so I guess it is better to update Opencart and then switch to deadcow SEO.

The database had different url_alias_id for the same product, although the query column showed somehow different urls like product_id=56&category_id=37 and product_id=56& and the keyword column showed different content too. I am not sure if I did well by removing manually the duplicate entries but the site is working normally now.

Post by nando » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 am

Hi deadcow,

I did install your mod to version 1.4.9.1 and then upgraded up to 1.4.9.4 seeing that the urls do not work properly, as AutoSeo used to work.

What I had was site.com/productname-product_id which worked perfectly, while keeping the category in the breadcrumb. Now I have doubled the products in the url_alias table with the same product available many times. I can access the same product using any combination of site/product_name or site/product_name-product_id although the site still shows the latter (as it should be). AutoSEO kept in the DB url_alias table column query product_id=49&category_id=35 or manufacturer_id=13 or product_id=50 for the rewritten keyword without the -product_id at the end for products, but working on the site urls with the product_id.

I understand that changing

$uniqueSlug = $slug . '-' . $index++;
to

$uniqueSlug = $slug . '-' . $product['product_id'];
and line 19 from catalog/model/tool/seo_url.php to like instead of = would return the site to how it was before this upgrade on admin/model/module/deadcow_seo.php, like this:

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "url_alias WHERE `query` like '" . $this->db->escape($key . '=' . (int)$value) . "&%'");
But I have another problem since I installed deadcow SEO: new products are not shown without url rewrite as site/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109 from highlighted products and site/category_keyword?product_id=109 if accessing from the category. This product particularly is present in 2 categories.

The Manufacturers "widget" is not showing rewritten urls either since the installation of this module. I made sure the brand name in the keyword cannot conflict with any other product, category or manufacturer.

Any help directing us to the right solution is welcome!

Post by deadcow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:58 am

Hi nando,

when you say you have doubled the products in the url_alias, does that mean that you doubled them yourself or that the module makes duplicate lines? Could it be possible for you to copy and paste some of your table content? I don't really get it.