Post by toxerad484 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:32 pm

Assuming it's alright that your front costs are like 101.48€, how could you have to enter costs incl.vat in the lead position? I wan't to adjust my costs in even numbers and on the off chance that there is costs like 101.48 - I will go with 99 to feel more affordable. In some cases can be gathering together as well. Also, therefore I might want to enter costs with tank in light of the fact that in any case I need to work out physically vat0% costs in 4 decimals to acquire accurate 'front costs'. In any case, if changing vat% all pleasant costs should be refreshed individually once more.

Post by Awan212 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:58 am

It is widely acknowledged that prices stored in the database should remain tax-free (as they currently are), with no alternative solution in place.

Regardless of how prices are stored, the issue with changing tax percentages is that it leads to overly precise prices. For instance, if an item is priced at 99,- (with a base price of 80,4878 plus a 23% tax), adjusting the tax rate to 24% would result in prices like 99,80, which may not be desirable. Consequently, manual adjustments are necessary, such as updating the price to 79,8387 or simply rounding it to 99, perhaps utilizing a tax calculator.

However, the fundamental challenge remains: updating prices manually whenever the tax percentage changes. Fortunately, tax rates tend to be relatively stable, which raises questions about the necessity of comprehensive core support for this issue.

If addressing this problem is imperative, each product could have a setting allowing its price to be recalculated automatically (thus maintaining consistent consumer prices despite tax rate changes). This approach would benefit local businesses while sparing international stores from unnecessary adjustments by maintaining a constant tax-free price.

Moreover, if one desires a product priced at 99€ to also be priced at $99 and £99 in respective markets, while simultaneously keeping track of the tax-free price, the complexity of the situation increases significantly.