Post by rph » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:05 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here guys (I'm sure you will ha), but if you enter META Keywords that are not part of the body of the site, don't you get penalised for so called 'Keyword Spamming'?
Hard to tell. That might have been something that historically happened because of keyword spamming years back but doesn't occur anymore because Google and Bing don't even index meta keywords and Yahoo assigns them almost no importance whatsoever.

I imagine we'll see this feature eventually. It's just easier to give people the magic sugar pill they want than having the same old arguments week in and week out about how it doesn't do anything.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by gurubob » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:05 am

Hi All,

I suspect this has already been covered in the thread - I came to the thread after doing this work. Regardless of what your motivations for wanting to do this are, you may find this to be a useful reference as I've just been through this process myself.

http://dev.turboweb.co.nz/2011/11/21/me ... -opencart/

Cheers,

- Bob -

Location - Dunedin, NZ

Post by rph » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm

You don't need the $error_entry_meta_keywords in the settings template.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by misscaprice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 am

GuruBob, I must say that I really appreciate your contribution you linked above and decided to give it a try in OC 1.5.1.3. It was not working and I used your code as a guideline for the changes I made. Here they are, tested and working:

The settings template (admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl):
<tr>
<td><?php echo $entry_meta_keywords; ?></td>
<td><textarea name="config_meta_keywords" cols="40" rows="5"><?php echo $config_meta_keywords; ?></textarea></td>
</tr>

The header template:
The snippet is already there

The home controller (catalog/controller/common/home.php)
$this->document->setKeywords($this->config->get(‘config_meta_keywords’));

I will try to add separate keywords and metatag title for categories and manufacturers. Hope it is not difficult

Post by maurotto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Anyone help me to add the same meta keywords on information page?
I need because i add a echo keywords in title (header).

Thx a lot

Post by maurotto » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am

Anyone help me??

Post by philbydevil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:21 pm

I've written vQmod for adding meta_description to the information pages and meta_keywords to the homepage so you should be able to look at them both and modify them for your needs. They're in the vQmod section.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by maurotto » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:19 am

philbydevil wrote:I've written vQmod for adding meta_description to the information pages and meta_keywords to the homepage so you should be able to look at them both and modify them for your needs. They're in the vQmod section.

ok solved thx u

Post by johnnysimmons » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 am

Meta keywords for several reasons. It is not just for search engines. It will provide a label for each product group can be placed in a tool module is used to label the text on the page. This means that you label as additional indexable content

hazmat kits

Post by Arlto » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 pm

This is work for me OC 1.5.1 orginal From GuruBob / change this for 1.5.1 – from misscaprice
The settings template (admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl):
<tr>
<td><textarea name="config_meta_keywords" cols="40" rows="5"><?php echo $config_meta_keywords; ?></textarea></td>
</tr>
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Meta keywords for OpenCart – from GuruBob
OpenCart out of the box does not support meta keywords throughout the system. This is relatively easy to add, but you will need to edit each controller to enable this.
In this particular post we’ll take a look at adding support for meta keywords on the OpenCart home page. There is support already for a meta description and this can be configured in the back end of OpenCart under System » Settings » Store » Meta Tag Description.
Our aim will be to add another field beneath that called “Meta Tag Keywords” and have this reflect in the source of the homepage.
There are two parts to this: adding support for editing and storing the meta keywords in the admin, and adding the code to the front of the website so that the value will be used.
In the admin:
There are three things you’ll need to do to provide support for this in the admin.
Edit the setting controller to get the value from the database.
Edit the setting language file to provide labels for the form.
Edit the settings template to provide the HTML for the form.
The Controller
The admin controller we want is found in the admin/controller/setting/setting.php file. Depending on which version of OpenCart you have, at about line 47 you’ll find a reference to the entry_meta_description. Simply copy that line and replace the text entry_meta_description with entry_meta_keywords.
$this->data['entry_meta_keywords'] = $this->language->get('entry_meta_keywords');
Also, a bit later in the file (search for config_meta_description) we want to add a section which will take care of collecting up the posted results of the form. Use the other sections as a guide:
if (isset($this->request->post['config_meta_keywords'])) {
$this->data['config_meta_keywords'] = $this->request->post['config_meta_keywords'];
} else {
$this->data['config_meta_keywords'] = $this->config->get('config_meta_keywords');
}
The language file

The language file changes are very simple. Open the file admin/language/english/setting/setting.php and add a line beneath the entry_meta_description line that says:

$_['entry_meta_keywords'] = 'Meta Tag Keywords:';
The settings template (view)

Oopen the file admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl, find the config_meta_description and paste this after it. Note that it’s a HTML table so you’ll paste this after the closing </tr> tag of the table row for the meta description:

<tr>
<td><input type="text" name="config_meta_keywords" value="<?php echo $config_meta_keywords; ?>" />
<?php if ($error_entry_meta_keywords) { ?>
<span class="error"><?php echo $error_entry_meta_keywords; ?></span>
<?php } ?></td>
</tr>
In the front end:
The front end changes are very straightforward. We need to make changes to the header template and the home controller.
The header template
Open the file catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/header.tpl and add the following code after the definition of the description meta tag:
<?php if ($keywords) { ?>
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $keywords; ?>" />
<?php } ?>
The home controller
Finally, open the home controller (catalog/controller/common/home.php) and find the reference to the config_meta_description. Simply copy that line and change it for the keywords:
$this->document->keywords = $this->config->get('config_meta_keywords');
Complete
Now you’re done – you should be able to update the keywords in the System » Settings » Store » Meta Tag Keywords and see these in the HTML source.
In addition to this, you’ve also made a key change to the template so that in any controller you can set $this->document->keywords to whatever you like and those keywords will show in the HTML source.

http://www.arlto.com Online prodavnica dodatne opreme za mobilne telefone

Post by Arlto » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:22 am

http://www.arlto.com Online prodavnica dodatne opreme za mobilne telefone

Post by qeemat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:59 pm

META tags help describe your Web site so that search engines, such as http://search.msn.com/, pull your pages when a search is performed. Description and keyword meta tags increase the chance that the search engine will index your Web site.
For further details go to this website
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316011

Post by cosmicx » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:09 am

I can't believe this discussion even existed... wayback 2010 then? ...talkin about page 1 discussion.

Post by richard_clemmer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:19 am

#9 Best Places to Add Keywords in Content
SEO Title
SEO Meta description
Blog post title
Starting paragraph of the post
Headings/Subheadings
Main content
Image alt tags
Anchor texts
Tags & breadcrumbs

I'll suggest you read this article: https://marketriva.com/best-places-to-a ... n-content/
they provide the information in clear and easy words