Post by mcamca » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:17 am

Found the answer to this myself!

The file at:
catalog\model\shipping\royal_mail.php
has only weights up to 0.2 kg entered for Royal Mail Airmail.

This file has to have additional weights and costs added to increase the weight limit for Royal Mail Airmail!
Above file then has to be reloaded to server;
but thanks anyrate!

Post by simple_one » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 am

from what I can see and I have posted this now in several forums and @ your shop.

is that there is no easy way of doing a simple replication of shipping method's Hikastore has this one pretty much down nailed and allows for new zones to be made and assigned to various shipping methods. but for Oc I can't seem to find a way of doing this easily.

Yes I have read through your Duplicate a Module here.
however I would rather find a better way of doing this as well future upgrades/patches become more tedious with every slight edit of the source.

as I have stated 'here' what I want to do in all reality is rather simple, agreed even a dummy could do it ;) however it does not at all seem possible with the modules provided within OC .

in case you have not perused the 2nd link I 'provided' above I will elaborate again on the issue that I am faced with.

I wish to open a OC Product store in New Zealand. New Zealand is broken down into 2 Islands (North/South) , each Island is broken down into Cities (Zones).

For the North Island there are say 15 cities (Zones) and in the South there are say 10 cities (Zones). to get more Technical (being the dummy Iam)... we have RURAL area's which are outside of the cities and warrant for a more expensive delivery fee. So to show you the problem's Iam faced with in the following scenario please continue.

Customer 'A' lives in North Island, Auckland CBD (Central Business District), fee's for this zone are @ $5.00
Customer 'B' lives in North Island, Auckland, Kaitaia Rural , fee's for this zone are @ $9.50

Customer 'C' lives in South Island, Christchurch CBD, fee's for this zone are @ $9.50
Customer 'D' lives in South Island, Invercargil Rural , fee's for this zone are @ $15.50

now I have tried numerous ways of trying to get this to work. All of which have come up short.

Basically What we (kiwi's) need is 2-4 Shipping Methods, all flat-rate with the following configurations.

Shipping rate 1: North Island $5.00
Shipping rate 2: North Island (rural) $9.50
Shipping rate 3: South Island $9.50
Shipping Rate 4: South Island (rural) $15.50

Simple.

I could then enter in all the cities (zones) into each GeoZone (north , south , north rural, south rural) and be done with it.

however it just aint that easy... that even this guide for dummies can't help.
:clown:

ps: we've spent several weeks populating the cart and getting it ready for production ... Shipping it would seem has become the 'Archillies Ankle' for us in respect to OpenCart.

Nz Shipping problems maybe resolved here.

Post by simple_one » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:28 am

ok further enlightenment from the shipping company in this instance is the following forumula;

The modules PBT work with are weight/M3 (the greater of weight (kg) or volume (m³)) / zone (cities).

Therefore I may have to duplicate the weight based shipping module and work from there.

Nz Shipping problems maybe resolved here.

Post by ambrosite » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 am

This is in regard to setting up a "rest of the world" shipping zone (I posted this in another thread, but I figured it would be useful here too). You can set up a "Rest of the World" Geo Zone in a half second by running a SQL query directly against the database.

First of all, set up the Geo Zone in the admin as you normally would, but don't add any countries or zones to it. Next, you need to know the geo_zone_id of the Geo Zone you just created. You can find it at the end of the URL when you edit the Geo Zone:

http: //www.mystore/admin/index.php?route=local ... _zone_id=4

Now, run the following SQL query using a tool like phpMyAdmin. Make sure you edit the query with the table prefix you selected during the OpenCart installation ('oc_' for my database). You need to enter the correct geo_zone_id in the third field on the second line (it was '4' in my case):

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO oc_zone_to_geo_zone (country_id, zone_id, geo_zone_id, date_added, date_modified)
SELECT oc_country.country_id, 0, 4, NOW(), NOW()
FROM oc_country
WHERE oc_country.name NOT IN ('United States');
That's it! The query will complete in less than two seconds, and it will add all countries and all zones except the United States to your Geo Zone. Note that you can easily edit the query to exclude more than one country. For example, if you wanted to create a Geo Zone for all countries except the US and Canada, you would do this:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO oc_zone_to_geo_zone (country_id, zone_id, geo_zone_id, date_added, date_modified)
SELECT oc_country.country_id, 0, 4, NOW(), NOW()
FROM oc_country
WHERE oc_country.name NOT IN ('United States','Canada');
These instructions apply specifically to OC 1.4.9.3. I have heard that the table definitions might be changing in OC 1.5, so there is no guarantee this will work in 1.5 (but hopefully the principle is clear; it should be relatively easy to fix if necessary).

Post by vinylmusic » Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 am

Bona fide dummy here trying to understand something.
Your guide has been invaluable to me only I still have a problem.
I created 3 shipping zones. UK, Europe and rest of world.
My problem now is that in each zone all countries of all zones appear in the drop down list.
Is there not away to group all countries into the 3 different zones
Or am I being really dumb here?

Post by dazthephot » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 pm

I have now set up multiple Geozones (with your help). ie UK, USA, Canada.
I need to apply a different flat rate shipping to each geozone but there is only one "flat rate" available in shipping options. The other options are weight based and i don't want this.

How do i go about applying a different flat rate shipping to each Geozone?
Thanks in advance.
daz

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 pm

dazthephot wrote:I have now set up multiple Geozones (with your help). ie UK, USA, Canada.
I need to apply a different flat rate shipping to each geozone but there is only one "flat rate" available in shipping options. The other options are weight based and i don't want this.

How do i go about applying a different flat rate shipping to each Geozone?
Thanks in advance.
daz
There are multiple multiflat rate extensions in the extension store

Administrator

Post by dazthephot » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Perfect, thanks. Just purchased "Multi Flat Rate Shipping". Configured in minutes and seems to do the job perfectly. Thanks.

Post by DaniellY » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm

is there a way i can offer multiple flat rate shipping options...
flat rate shipping for shoes = x amount
flat rate shipping for sox = x amount
flat rate shipping for shoelaces = x amount

Post by Russell Mann » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 am

Is there a way to not allow addresses outside of the established GeoZones? For example, if I simply only ship to those locations, only allow those zoned countries/locations to be added as shipping addresses? I'd want to allow any billing address though :)

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 am

As long as you are only using geozone based shipping, they won't be able to checkout if you didn't create a zone for them

Administrator

Post by Russell Mann » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Correct, it doesn't allow checkout, but it sort of "leads them on" by allowing them to create addresses in any zone. What do you think?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 pm

You could remove the Countries that you don't need from within the admin panel (System > Localisation > Countries). I believe that would remove them from the front-end as well.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Russell Mann » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:48 pm

I turned status to 0 for countries. On the local zones (states) I want to leave them enabled because *billing* can be from some states that shipping cannot.

I'm looking for a way to set up Shipping zone choices based on the zone_to_geo_code db instead of the getZonesByCountryId function. It seems that zones for shipping should apply to shipping address dropdowns. If I get it coded I'll post it back up.

Post by Subhajit Das » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 pm

kdmp wrote: is there any option for the customers that they can select their sales representative from the users group?

Post by GFR_Web » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:49 am

Hello,

Is there a way to set tax classes BY CITY? I was able to set up by state, but because we have a physical retail location (in San Francisco, CA), the BOE wants us to be sure to charge 8.5% for San Francisco shipments rather than the 7.25% "general california tax rate" for all other cities.

I was wondering how I could set this up with OpenCart. I wasn't able to find a thread with a solution to this question.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Post by mberlant » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Qphoria has created an extension called Zone Plus Shipping that addresses this problem for shipping. I don't know if he or anyone else has created a similar extension for Tax Classes, though there have been quite a few requests from people in California, Washington and other states who could use it.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by mblvdo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 am

Can anybody recommend a extension that will allow me to specify zones for individual products? I need to block certain products from being ordered by 15 states.

Post by Rickerby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 am

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if I am in the right place here however this is what I am trying to achieve:

I have a store that sells to two countries both have different tax rates and different currencies.

Country 1 Currency: New Zealand Dollars
Country 1 Tax Rate: 15%

Country 2 Currency: Australian Dollars
Country 2 Tax Rate: 0%

When customers are shopping in NZD I would like the following to happen:
• All product prices display with the 15% tax rate applied (In NZD).
• The 15% tax rate gets applied to the flat shipping rate.
• The 15% tax rate applies to all New Zealand Geo Zones.

Should A customer choose to shop in Australian Dollars I would like the following to happen:
• All product prices display with the 0% tax rate applied (In AUD).
• The 0% tax rate gets applied to the flat shipping rate.
• The 0% tax rate applies to all Australian Geo Zones.

My current setup has the New Zealand tax rate of 15% working, however when I switch to Australian Dollars
The 15% tax rate still gets applied to all products added to the cart, and it stays applied right up until the sale is confirmed regardless of an Australian address selected for shipping.

If it is of any help this is how I have things set up currently (Opencart Version 1.5.1.3):

Geo Zone Settings:
• Australian GST Zone, Country = Australia, Zone = All Zones
• Australian Shipping Zone, Country = Australia, Zone = All Zones
• New Zealand GST Zone, Country = New Zealand, Zone = All Zones
• New Zealand Shipping Zone, Country = New Zealand, Zone = All zones

Tax Classes:
• Taxable Goods
> Rule: NZ GST, Tax Rate = NZ GST, Based on = Store address, Priority = 0
> Rule: Australian GST, Tax Rate = Australian GST, based on = Shipping address, Priority = 0

Tax Rates:
• Tax Name = NZ GST, Tax Rate = 15.0000, Type = Percentage, Geo Zone = New Zealand GST Zone
• Tax Name = Australian GST, Tax Rate = 0.0000, Type = Perecntage, Geo Zone = Australian GST Zone

If any one is able to step me through exactly what I need and where, that would be a great help as
I am going around in circles at the moment. :D

Post by TrapWorks » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi all, I am new to the forum and joined to see if I can get some help with setting up Geozones for international shipping.

My default shipping is to the UK and I would like to set up shipping to about 5 other zones. I use weight based shipping.

When I try to set up a new Geozone (for eg the USA), I create the zone and when I click to add a new geozone the 'all zones' disappears. I click save and my screen is filled with the php code from the index page...

All countries and zones are enabled.

I am not a programmer or web designer so I am lost. Is this a bug with my template? Did anyone else have this problem and although I have followed the instructions in this thread to the letter I still cannot set up shipping outside the UK.

Any help truly appreciated.

TW