Product photos in order emails are good for us as well: Due to local regulations we have a high turnover of inventory and packaging staff and giving printouts or order emails containing images helps get them off the ground quicker with less training required.
This extension adds product images to the order confirmation email. Especially good to have in combination with Copy customer order confirmation for owner mod
Because this is a vQmod, no core files are touched, and the changes should carry over to the next version.
- You need OpenCart preinstalled.
- You must have vQmod preinstalled.
- This vQmod is made for the default theme. Hence you should have the default theme as the active theme for this to work. v1.5 expands support for other themes, so try it on your custom theme...if it works, fantastic! If it doesn't, you need some custom work done. If you'd like me to do paid customization to make this extension compatible with your theme, please PM me
- Download the latest version of the extension compatible with your version of Opencart from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7102
- Unzip using a program such as WinZip, WinRar or Windows's inbuilt compressor
(In Windows, right click on the downloaded zip file, and select Extract All)
- Use an FTP program such as FileZilla to upload all contents of the uploads folder to your shop's root.
- Make sure none of the product images have a space in the filename.
- Some email programs wouldn't show images in emails by default. In such cases, they would GENERALLY have an option to "always show images from this sender" or at least "show images in this message". You'll need to click on that.
- Also, if you haven't set up spf records, it might be a good idea to set them up. This will authenticate to the recipient server that the mail is from you and lower your spam rate. Some email providers will also use this to display your email images by default.
This mod adds my link to your site's footer (next to the Opencart link). It would be nice if you don't remove it. If you do remove it, please consider donating.
Extension page: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7102