Post by tomo1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:39 pm

hi can someone please tell me the process for listing a download product i have worked out how to work with the posting a product out in the mail but cant get my head around how to list a digital download O0

Post by Craig- » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:35 pm

In the admin area Goto Catalog> Download and click the Insert button

Fill out the form and upload your file.

Then, add the product in the normal way and make sure "Requires Shipping" is set to No and under the Options of creating a new product you will see an area named "Downloads" - Select the file you have just uploaded, That's it.

Opencart templates coming soon!

Post by tomo1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 pm

exellent that helped loads so just to clarify if i have the file stored on my pc do the processs you said fill out the form browse for the file on my desktop click save and it uploads from there is that correct

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Yes

You also need to be sure downloads are enabled in the main settings area and set the download order status to the order status that you want the download to be allowed at. usually "Complete".

Then set your payment's order status to "complete" as well so that you don't have to interact at all.. it will all be automatic

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by tomo1234 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:24 am

cheers thanks very much made it clear on how i can do it
i will buy u a beer somtime ;D

Post by buckmajor » Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Qphoria wrote:Yes

You also need to be sure downloads are enabled in the main settings area and set the download order status to the order status that you want the download to be allowed at. usually "Complete".

Then set your payment's order status to "complete" as well so that you don't have to interact at all.. it will all be automatic
Hi there

How do you set the download order status to "complete", where do I go to make this happen? I was reading the wiki page hard out but it only said the 'option tab' is where you make the changes. However, my 'option tab' is not showing it for some reasons. By the way, I am using Xampp to do all my testings and will it still work?

Is there a way to test out the shopping cart for the downloads on Xampp or does the site have to go first before you can test it out?

Thanks
Thanks

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by buckmajor » Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Cool! I have figured it out, I didn't know it was in the Admin > Settings > Option tab ;D

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by digiseller » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello,i can only see one way to sell digital files and that is by uploading the files to your own server or hosting.How about digital products that are hosted by another server?let's say files that are stored on a free file hosting site and you're linking them to your opencart download page.is this possible??is this supported by opencart?

Post by Ajithk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 am

hello,

I too face the same problem but i cant find solution by ur answer. i dodnt at all find shipping option. some one verify it plz