Post by Ljubo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:18 am

for v.1.5.3.1 at least:
7. admin/model/catalog/category.php
8. catalog/model/catalog/category.php

still not working though... only header of new category module is showing... dont know how to put/display products in it.
Qphoria wrote:Yes. The same concept applies from the first post.
1. admin/controller/module/category.php
2. admin/language/english/module/category.php
3. admin/view/template/module/category.tpl
4. catalog/controller/module/category.php
5. catalog/language/english/module/category.php
6. catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/category.tpl

Location - Serbia

Post by gedamin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm

I was tryiing to dublicet slideshow module, but fail... I was doing evrything like othe modules, but fail...

Maybe somebody have good slideshow template for free?
email: gv111gv @ gmail com

Post by dklnd » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi guys,

I am busy cloning manufacturer, as I have a recordstore which has the label where a record is released on aswell as the artist who write the piece of music for the record.
artist2.png

artist2.png (28.67 KiB) Viewed 58652 times

So I created the SQL databases for it accordingly ( I duplicated manufacturer and manufacturer_to_sort ) but it doesn't show up on my catalog drop down menu in the admin area ( it doesn't show up anywhere in the admin area still )

I followed the steps accordingly to the first post in this topic. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

Post by dklnd » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Here you can see the duplicated manufacturer page in 'working' action.

Attachments

artists.png

artists.png (49.77 KiB) Viewed 58652 times

Post by dklnd » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Oke, so I edited the header and edited the controller/common/header.php

I added "$this->data['Artists'] = $this->url->link('catalog/Artists', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'], 'SSL');" after the manufacturer line.

Now when I try to acces the Artists tab in Catalog ( admin menu ) I get "You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator." I've allready edited the System > Usergroups accordingly.

Post by syltrinity » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:52 am

Can help me on tutorial how to duplicate Featured Module? I need few of it.

I'm using OpenCart v 1.5.4.1. I tried using method of duplicating on cash delivery.But failed. I think it was different than that.

I really appreciate with the help.

I want to make a PreOrder Module. Feature same like Featured Product Module, just I need more boxes like Featured Module.

this is sample I made, please help check if I was doing it wrong.

Please help, thanks

Post by Diffice » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm

is it possible to clone the "google_base" data feed and to have a google_base2 feed?

where are the list of right file

Thanks for the help

Post by alikhan99 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 am

Friends can you help me out a bit please.
My Product is Car Accessories. What i wanted to do is allow viewers to browse by car types i.e. Sedan, Sports, Wagon, Trucks etc.
To do so i tried to duplicate the Manufacturer so that we can easily add Cartypes to Products, Add logos to Car types and use the car type list in left menu or on homepage for browsing by Cartypes.

But its not working, shoould i try to duplicate some other module instead of manufacturer or is there any step i am missing after duplicating all mentioned files and renaming the word "manufacture" to "CarType".

I am using OC 1.5.3 ... waiting for you friends to help me solve this issue ... Thanks

Post by simeon4o » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I managed to create new payment method, but now when it is activated i have payment options only for the default language. In other languages i have empty tab with payment options (no error message or something) and you can't proceed with the checkout.

Anyone else faced the same problem? I copied the files from COD method as is in the example. The essential changes are only in .tpl file.

Hand made jewelery

Post by chughashish47 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I am trying to duplicate paypal payment method.
I copied all the files and made changes in them as described in first comment.
But the problem is i can have the payment method visible during checkout on local.
But online it is giving problems i can install and edit method from admin.but method is not displaying during checkout.
Any helps please.....

Post by jeff081 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanx for sharing.... :) :)

Post by luzzati » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,
I made a clone as kindly instructed.
My local payment provider sent me an iframe code for redirect. Where I should insert it?
Many thanks in advance,
Ugo

Post by ozkiremitci » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:01 am

Do you have the banner module? I got a blank page appears.

Post by luzzati » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

sure, with payment module's name on it but I cannot integrate it to my payment provider as I do not know programming

Post by ragi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm

friends,

I want to add 2 extra modules to my site. customer service and brands we sell. How I can add these 2 module to site. can anyone give reply to me...
Thank you

Post by mahesh.sherkar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Waaawww Fabulous Post.....
Very very usefull for me....

Thanks a Lot....

Location - Pune

Post by roosterbooy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 am

I followed the main thread to the tee i have everything set up besides the point in which you go to check out it spits out this warning (Warning:Payment Method Not Selected) I followed all the steps as i said but not sure why it is not allowing me to use that payment method

Post by roosterbooy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 am

Followed directions to the tee payment method shows up when checking out but spits out (Warning: Payment method required!) other than that i have full access to it from admin. Its on my page to select as an option but from there nothing? am i missing something or is there an extra step that needs to be added.

Post by Cornell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi,

I create a duplicate of a "bestseller" module and I named "topseller".
I follow all steps to the tutorial and to the end in front -end after I configured the "topseller" module in admin area,
I have the follow error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ModelCatalogProduct::getTopSellerProducts() in C:\xampp\htdocs\cupid\catalog\controller\module\topseller.php on line 16

Can anybody help me to solve that error?

Thank you in advance!
All the best!
Cornell

Post by desi_swe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 am

I have cloned flate rate shipping module.When i try to edit the settings, it just shows a blank page.Im using version 1.5.2.1.

Help me please.
Thanks