Post by Iamdbat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am

I'm struggling to understand the difference between SEO Keyword and meta keyword fields in the back end of OC Admin

Can anybody explain what the difference is

Thanks in advance

Post by dizarter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 am

Hi,

SEO keyword is what will be used as URL alias for that product/category (SEO friendly URL).

Example, if you input "this-is-my-product-or-category-seo-keyword" in SEO field then you can access that product/category with this URL

http://www.example.com/this-is-my-produ ... eo-keyword

Meta keywords are keywords which will be outputted in head section of the final rendered HTML page, and are meant to help search engines categorize the content of that page (at least they were introduced for that purpose, but are not used by search engines today)

Meta description will also be outputted in head section of the HTML page (short text snippets under results on search engine pages usually come from this meta tag)

Post by Iamdbat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you - That has cleared that up for me - It might be a good idea for future releases of OC - to have a hint label attached to each field in the back end - thank you - that was most helpful

Post by iSupply3D » Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

I'd agree with that.
I've just switched on SEO and found that some categories had stopped working...it took me a while to realise that the SEO keyword was blank on certain categories so nothing happened when clicked!