Post by ozgirl57 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm

USPS updated their fees a few days ago and I just noticed that my shopping cart now displays some garbled code along with incorrect options at checkout and the garbled code prints out on the invoice as well. The charges appear to be calculating properly.

I have my USPS options set for priority mail and first class mail, and this is now what's displayed ...

Priority Mail<sup>&reg;</sup> $5.95
First-Class Mail<sup>&reg;</sup> Large Envelope $2.92

It used to show "First Class Mail Parcel" now shows "First Class Mail Large Envelope".

Is this an easy fix that I can do myself or does the module need to be looked at perhaps?

Thanks for your help; this is an awesome shopping cart :)
Last edited by i2Paq on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:25 pm

The USPS module will need to be updated. Qphoria was working on this, although USPS hasn't publicly released their new API, which is slowing progress. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 am

Patch for the core version of USPS to work with the Jan 01, 2011 changes

1. Upload these 2 folders to your store root.
- 2 files are replaced

This does not have the new May 2011 api changes, just the fix for the Jan 2011 issue

Attachments


Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by popsdaddy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 am

I am using Version 1.4.9.2. Thank you for the usps.php patch. The garbled output is now gone but when I check "First Class" in "Domestic Services" of the "United States Postal Service" shipping module what gets displayed in the "Shipping Method" during checkout is "First-Class Mail Postcards" vice just "First Class Mail". Also, the price reflects the First Class Mail Postcards rate. Once again, thanks for the quick fix.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 am

Post by ozgirl57 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:30 am

Thank you so much for the quick fix - as popsdaddy mentioned the garbled code has now disappeared although it's still showing First Class "large envelope" instead of "package" - but the pricing is correct so it's a small thing.

Thanks again for the awesome service which is far superior to the service I've had with some paid services. You guys rock! ;D

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Sidecutter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Qphoria, by any chance have the small glitches mentioned above with this patch been fixed?

Also, if USPS is going to change the way their system works in ways that will affect other systems using it, they damn well need to release the new API BEFOREHAND, so people can program for the changes. Dick move, USPS.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 am

Post by nashefm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Qphoria

your awesome man :), i see your name all over the forum, i just put the files for the USPS glitch and they work great, thanks again...

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by dzynz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 am

I just used this fix, and it works like a charm. With one exception. It's still garbled in the invoices. Any advice on how to fix this?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 am

Post by counter-revolution » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 am

Qphoria you're the man! Thanks for all the hard work. It worked perfectly!!


Posts

Joined
Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 am

Post by canadian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Qphoria wrote:Patch for the core version of USPS to work with the Jan 01, 2011 changes

1. Upload these 2 folders to your store root.
- 2 files are replaced

This does not have the new May 2011 api changes, just the fix for the Jan 2011 issue
Beautiful. Thank you for your contribution!

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 pm

canadian wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Patch for the core version of USPS to work with the Jan 01, 2011 changes

1. Upload these 2 folders to your store root.
- 2 files are replaced

This does not have the new May 2011 api changes, just the fix for the Jan 2011 issue
Beautiful. Thank you for your contribution!
Seems an odd thing for you to post... based on your name

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Qphoria wrote:Seems an odd thing for you to post... based on your name
:laugh:

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by canadian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 am

Qphoria wrote:
canadian wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Patch for the core version of USPS to work with the Jan 01, 2011 changes

1. Upload these 2 folders to your store root.
- 2 files are replaced

This does not have the new May 2011 api changes, just the fix for the Jan 2011 issue
Beautiful. Thank you for your contribution!
Seems an odd thing for you to post... based on your name
Haha! Are Canadians not known for thanking people?

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Qphoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 pm

canadian wrote:Haha! Are Canadians not known for thanking people?
No, I'm referring to the fact that you are "Canadian" and this is a "US Post Office" extension. Like if someone named "usa" would say "thanks for the canada post mod" I'd say the same thing

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Medina » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The patch works perfectly, thanks for the input (1.4.9.1)

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:54 am

Post by richdtt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am

USPS just released another API update as of July 28, 2013. And it looks like the <sup>™</sup> and <sup>®</sup> are back. Are there updated patches for this?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 am

User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest