Post by berkanarikan » Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm

Hello
There are 8 thousand products on our Opnecar 3.0.3.8 site. Merchant center does not allow products to have similar product titles to other sites, duplicate content, unauthorized sales, etc. It stops and restricts the display for reasons such as. I'm thinking of adding a unique code to the titles of all products and making some changes. I think the product URLs will change when I do this. After making these changes, what should be done in terms of Search console and SEO effects? Is it necessary to redirect to changing urls?

- Complate Seo pack extention works on site

Thanks for suggestions

Post by nonnedelectari » Thu May 23, 2024 7:44 pm

berkanarikan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm
Hello
There are 8 thousand products on our Opnecar 3.0.3.8 site. Merchant center does not allow products to have similar product titles to other sites, duplicate content, unauthorized sales, etc. It stops and restricts the display for reasons such as. I'm thinking of adding a unique code to the titles of all products and making some changes. I think the product URLs will change when I do this. After making these changes, what should be done in terms of Search console and SEO effects? Is it necessary to redirect to changing urls?

Thanks for suggestions
If you change the url and want to keep the ranking then you need to 301 redirect or the SEs will get a 404 on your old urls.
No idea what that SEO pack does, maybe it does it for you.

Post by WebiggleStore » Sat May 25, 2024 2:14 am

berkanarikan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm
Hello

Thanks for suggestions
Hey berkanarikan,

We are also not sure if "Complete SEO Pack" extension will redirect old URLs to new SEO URLs, if not then you have mechanism in place which will handle this custom redirection part if any user tries to access it.

Regards,
Team Webiggle

Extension Developer & Designer | Dedicated Opencart Support | Email: info@webiggle.com | Skype: live:.cid.64dee15a2bf28467 | store.webiggle.com