Post by nwengravers » Sat May 18, 2024 4:30 am

I have customers and orders who have registered and placed orders on my website. The information is available on my admin side, but if I look for it the mysql database I can't find it. How and where would this information be stored if not in the database?

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 am

nwengravers wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:30 am
I have customers and orders who have registered and placed orders on my website. The information is available on my admin side, but if I look for it the mysql database I can't find it. How and where would this information be stored if not in the database?
OC version. More explanation above needs to be provided as well. Please read the forum rules prior to create a topic.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nwengravers » Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 am

This is opencart 3.0.2.0. For example, i have 3 orders from today that show up in my admin side of the website. If I login into phpmyadmin and go to the orders table, none of those orders show up there. These are legit orders as I reached out to my customers to make sure. Same with the customers table.

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 5:06 am

nwengravers wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 am
This is opencart 3.0.2.0. For example, i have 3 orders from today that show up in my admin side of the website. If I login into phpmyadmin and go to the orders table, none of those orders show up there. These are legit orders as I reached out to my customers to make sure. Same with the customers table.
Which payment extensions are you using? Did you checked your transaction logs and your server error logs to see if you have any recent and related errors?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nwengravers » Sat May 18, 2024 5:47 am

Everything is set for pickup as we don't currently accept payments through the site. The last error that I see is from a couple of months ago and there are newer entries in the database than that. I just registered a new user from the front end and the user is created and I can login, however that entry is not in the customer table of the database. I'm sort of confused as to where it would pull the login information if there isn't an entry in the customer table to check the username and password against.

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 6:07 am

nwengravers wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 5:47 am
Everything is set for pickup as we don't currently accept payments through the site. The last error that I see is from a couple of months ago and there are newer entries in the database than that. I just registered a new user from the front end and the user is created and I can login, however that entry is not in the customer table of the database. I'm sort of confused as to where it would pull the login information if there isn't an entry in the customer table to check the username and password against.
Are you sure to be connected to the same database? Look at both config.php files and that a look at the database name as well as the server name. Then, compare those entries with the ones in your PHPMyAdmin for the database and its location.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nwengravers » Sat May 18, 2024 6:35 am

Yep, already checked that and everything matches up. Its actually the only database that I have in there.

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 7:28 am

nwengravers wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 6:35 am
Yep, already checked that and everything matches up. Its actually the only database that I have in there.
Have you assigned full writing permissions to your tables from your host console? Ensure that all boxes are actually checked.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nonnedelectari » Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 pm

nwengravers wrote:
"The information is available on my admin side"
Where do you think the admin side gets its data from?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 pm

nwengravers wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 am
Since nobody else can replicate this issue, your best option is to post it on the Commercial Support section of this forum, to find a professional developer who can sort it out.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm

nonnedelectari wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 pm
nwengravers wrote:
Simple; From the database where read access can also be assigned at some locations as opposed to other areas whereas write access is required.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 pm

nwengravers wrote:
The information is available on my admin side, but if I look for it the mysql database I can't find it
You must be looking at the wrong database. Make sure you're accessing the one defined in your config.php files.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by nonnedelectari » Tue May 21, 2024 4:52 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm
nonnedelectari wrote:
nwengravers wrote:
Simple; From the database where read access can also be assigned at some locations as opposed to other areas whereas write access is required.
point is, if admin is able to find the data, so should he.

Post by straightlight » Wed May 22, 2024 3:35 am

nonnedelectari wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:52 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm
nonnedelectari wrote:

point is, if admin is able to find the data, so should he.
Then, you'd either need to make sure to look at both config.php files as to provide more information in order to guide you.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON