Post by stanmx » Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 am

Hi everyone,

I'm installing OC for the United States area. I changed the Currency to the US Dollar in System > Settings > Local (tab) but next to them I have the Currency Rates Engine with the option European Central Bank Currency Converter. I have some questions:

- How works the Currency Rates Engine?
- Exist an equivalent of European Central Bank Currency Converter for the US Market?
- What others Currency Rate Engine options/extensions are for the US Market?
- What happen if I continue using the European Central Bank Currency Converter option?

--I know, to many questions XD. I hope you can help me with my doubts. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 12.25.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 12.25.10 PM.png (11.49 KiB) Viewed 1086 times

Last edited by stanmx on Sat May 18, 2024 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Tijuana, MX

Post by straightlight » Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am

stanmx wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:54 am
Hi everyone,

I'm installing OC for the United States area. I changed the Currency to the US Dollar in System > Settings > Local (tab) but next to them I have the Currency Rates Engine with the option European Central Bank Currency Converter. I have some questions:

- Exist an equivalent of European Central Bank Currency Converter for the US Market?
- What happen if I continue using the European Central Bank Currency Converter option?

--I know, to many questions XD. I hope you can help me with my doubts. Thank you for your time.
With Event Triggers. :)
('admin_currency_add', 'Updates currencies when a new currency is added.', 'admin/model/localisation/currency/addCurrency/after', 'event/currency', 1),
('admin_currency_edit', 'Updates currencies when a currency is edited.', 'admin/model/localisation/currency/editCurrency/after', 'event/currency', 1),
('admin_currency_setting', 'Updates currencies when settings are saved.', 'admin/model/setting/setting/editSetting/after', 'event/currency', 1),
By setting your currency code, the default currency parameter gets captured during the Event and prioritizes with the one you will select from the currency settings - in this case - for the US.

Note: I would suggest to use the latest code change from Github Opencart v4.1.0.0 or use a recent extension from the Marketplace, due to recent patching about the currency exchange calculations that used to have some bugs in the past.

The latest code change can be found here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... cy/ecb.php .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stanmx » Fri May 17, 2024 4:57 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am
stanmx wrote:
Hi everyone,

('admin_currency_add', 'Updates currencies when a new currency is added.', 'admin/model/localisation/currency/addCurrency/after', 'event/currency', 1),
('admin_currency_edit', 'Updates currencies when a currency is edited.', 'admin/model/localisation/currency/editCurrency/after', 'event/currency', 1),
('admin_currency_setting', 'Updates currencies when settings are saved.', 'admin/model/setting/setting/editSetting/after', 'event/currency', 1),
By setting your currency code, the default currency parameter gets captured during the Event and prioritizes with the one you will select from the currency settings - in this case - for the US.

Note: I would suggest to use the latest code change from Github Opencart v4.1.0.0 or use a recent extension from the Marketplace, due to recent patching about the currency exchange calculations that used to have some bugs in the past.

The latest code change can be found here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... cy/ecb.php .
Thank you straightlight. I don't have really clear that Event Triggers, but I will check in detail very soon. Thank you!

Location - Tijuana, MX

Post by straightlight » Fri May 17, 2024 7:38 pm

stanmx wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:57 pm
straightlight wrote:
stanmx wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you straightlight. I don't have really clear that Event Triggers, but I will check in detail very soon. Thank you!
In this case, you don't need to. You simply need to create a new default currency exchange option in your OC admin currencies and assign it to your admin settings as described from the Events description above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri May 17, 2024 11:46 pm

stanmx wrote:
I have no idea why he's talking about Events.

Are you sure USD isn't already supported from the ECB?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 3:13 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:46 pm
stanmx wrote:
I have no idea why he's talking about Events.

Are you sure USD isn't already supported from the ECB?
That's because you didn't asked.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by stanmx » Sat May 18, 2024 3:47 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:38 pm
stanmx wrote:
straightlight wrote:

In this case, you don't need to. You simply need to create a new default currency exchange option in your OC admin currencies and assign it to your admin settings as described from the Events description above.
Thank you straightlight, I have only one Currency in the Admin: USD Dollar by default. I think I will work with this and if I discover something else, comeback and ask. Thank you for the help.

Location - Tijuana, MX

Post by straightlight » Sat May 18, 2024 4:42 am

stanmx wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:47 am
straightlight wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:38 pm
stanmx wrote:

Thank you straightlight, I have only one Currency in the Admin: USD Dollar by default. I think I will work with this and if I discover something else, comeback and ask. Thank you for the help.
:good:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON