Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:54 pm

Just to let everyone know: Daniel has just released OpenCart 3.0.3.9 based on the former 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch, with further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository. It contains the latest PayPal, various bugfixes, and support for the PHP versions 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2. It's only available from github, see above links!

Most of above mentioned bugfixes were also included into the opencart-3 repository which is maintained by the TheCartpenter. However, this opencart-3 repository also contains other changes, mostly more type declarations for functions and methods, and other cosmetic changes.

If backwards compatibility of existing OC 3.0.3.8 extensions, especially when using OCmod, are important, then we recommend the new 3.0.x.x branch. If you want to use the extensions for the opencart-3 repository, then make sure to carefully test them first and adjust them as needed. Technically speaking, the github opencart-3 repository is more like a future 3.1.0.0 version (now labeled as 3.2.0.0).

I hope this clarifies things.

Also, we'd like express our thanks for all the hard work gone into this project from various contributors which helped to make OpenCart a success.
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Thanks to everyone for maintaining the 3.0 branch! Hopefully this means it will be useful for years to come, even as the 4.0 branch adds new features and improvements.

Image Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:04 pm

Yes, the 3.0.x.x series still has some useful lifespan ahead of it. Next thing to do for it is to update the currency refresh, it should use the API from the European Central Bank, the old one from Yahoo Finance doesn't work anymore.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:51 am

Just to mention it, the latest official v.3.2.0.0 Release has been published a few hours ago:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart-3

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:12 pm

I have now added the European Central Bank Currency Converter to the 3.0.x.x branch, see this pull request.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Cue4cheap » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:54 pm
Just to let everyone know: Daniel has just released OpenCart 3.0.3.9 based on the former 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch, with further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository. It contains the latest PayPal, various bugfixes, and support for the PHP versions 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2. It's only available from github, see above links!
Does this "further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository"
mean that from now forward the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch will continue to be updated above 3.0.3.9?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:05 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 am
JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:54 pm
Just to let everyone know: Daniel has just released OpenCart 3.0.3.9 based on the former 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch, with further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository. It contains the latest PayPal, various bugfixes, and support for the PHP versions 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2. It's only available from github, see above links!
Does this "further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository"
mean that from now forward the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch will continue to be updated above 3.0.3.9?

Mike
Yes, the 3.0.x.x branch will be based on 3.0.3.9, with further bugfixes.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by dropaway » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Will it be possible to upgrade from 3.0.3.8 without problems?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:31 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:40 pm

dropaway wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:57 pm
Will it be possible to upgrade from 3.0.3.8 without problems?
The upgrade function will cause problems in most cases. It's better to do a fresh installation of 3.0.3.9 or the 3.0.x.x, including all your extensions, and then use the free Export/Import tool to port your data over to the new OpenCart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:25 pm

Just to let everyone know: We just tested OpenCart 3.0.3.9 and 3.0.x.x with the latest PHP 8.3, and it seems to be working all fine.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by darkhorse » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:36 pm

Can confirm this

Uk based Opencart Developer. Love building and ranking with Opencart. Opencart > All the others!


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 am

Post by rolfodolfo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:51 pm

opencart Version 3.0.3.8

The information above is quit helpful. But I still have a question.
We just installed 3.0.3.8 for one of our websites it is still in development.
But I noticed that it doesn't have the ECB currencies yet.

The question:

Do I have to do a new fresh install of 3.0.3.9 or is there a workaround to add the files which are required for ECB currency conversion?

Regards,

Rolf

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm

I do not believe 3.0.3.9 has any database changes, so unless you've modified core OpenCart files, you should be able to just upload the 3.0.3.9 files over the 3.0.3.8 ones. After that, just refresh your ocMod cache in Extensions > Modifications to generate new cache files.

I haven't done an upgrade like that myself, but I believe it works. Perhaps others can comment whether they've done that and been successful?

Image Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm
I do not believe 3.0.3.9 has any database changes, so unless you've modified core OpenCart files, you should be able to just upload the 3.0.3.9 files over the 3.0.3.8 ones. After that, just refresh your ocMod cache in Extensions > Modifications to generate new cache files.

I haven't done an upgrade like that myself, but I believe it works. Perhaps others can comment whether they've done that and been successful?
Well, it has an updated system/storage/vendor, where some of the files are different, newly added, or removed. I am not sure whether the upgrade can handle it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by rolfodolfo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:41 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm
Johnathan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm
I do not believe 3.0.3.9 has any database changes, so unless you've modified core OpenCart files, you should be able to just upload the 3.0.3.9 files over the 3.0.3.8 ones. After that, just refresh your ocMod cache in Extensions > Modifications to generate new cache files.

I haven't done an upgrade like that myself, but I believe it works. Perhaps others can comment whether they've done that and been successful?
Well, it has an updated system/storage/vendor, where some of the files are different, newly added, or removed. I am not sure whether the upgrade can handle it.
I actually only need the currency converter part.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by rolfodolfo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:54 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 pm
Johnathan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm
I do not believe 3.0.3.9 has any database changes, so unless you've modified core OpenCart files, you should be able to just upload the 3.0.3.9 files over the 3.0.3.8 ones. After that, just refresh your ocMod cache in Extensions > Modifications to generate new cache files.

I haven't done an upgrade like that myself, but I believe it works. Perhaps others can comment whether they've done that and been successful?
Well, it has an updated system/storage/vendor, where some of the files are different, newly added, or removed. I am not sure whether the upgrade can handle it.
opencart Version 3.0.3.9

I did a fresh install of opencart Version 3.0.3.9 on a new domain. But I noticed The currency converter still doesn't function the way it should.
Is it still the yahoo finance version or ECB? How can I get this to update the currency the correct way? Am I missing something here? Or do I need a separate extension to make it work?

regards,

Rolf

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 pm

The ECB currency converter is only available in the 3.0.x.x (that is the upcoming 3.0.4.0) version.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by rolfodolfo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:38 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 pm
The ECB currency converter is only available in the 3.0.x.x (that is the upcoming 3.0.4.0) version.
So this file won't solve the problem?

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... n/currency

If not can you recommend a plugin?

Thank you in advance.

Rolf

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by rolfodolfo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:41 pm

rolfodolfo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:38 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 pm
The ECB currency converter is only available in the 3.0.x.x (that is the upcoming 3.0.4.0) version.
Ok I already saw there are more files needed to execute the ECB plugin.

So, next question: which files do I need?

Sorry for asking so much.

Thank you in advance.

Rolf

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by barnettgs » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:09 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:54 pm
Just to let everyone know: Daniel has just released OpenCart 3.0.3.9 based on the former 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch, with further changes based the new 3.0.x.x branch of the opencart repository. It contains the latest PayPal, various bugfixes, and support for the PHP versions 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2. It's only available from github, see above links!
This needs to be clarified. Is version 3.0.3.9 on the Opencart website's Download section the same software as the one from GitHub above? It was announced just a day after being released on the Opencart website.

Regards

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:01 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests