I was asked for a favor. A friend of mine asked if I could export the files/text that need to be translated for a module and a couple of product pages. Give the files to him to translate and afterward import them back.
I was like... "WHAT!?"
He was adamant, that you can "easily" export the files/text that lacks translation, translate them, and import them back by using the translated file.
Now, I do not have much experience translating stuff, obviously. So I asked him: "If it is easy, how did YOU do all of that?" He said, that he did not. He said, that someone else exported the files/text. He just did the translating and then handled the (one) file back to the third person for importing.
I told him that I would think about it... This is me trying to think about it and failing.
If I wanted to translate something... based on the amount and other factors... I would either:
- Use an extension for translating like "Auto Translate Pro" with "Google Translation" API or "DeepL", etc.
- Go inside the admin panel and in the appropriate section add the translation directly into the module fields, product fields, etc.
- Go inside the /language/ folder. Copy the files I need to translate, transport them into the language I want, translate the files, etc.
1) EASILY export everything you need to translate inside one file.
2) Translate that one file.
3) Import the file back and WOLA!
I do not know if this is possible. Yet, I am curious...
Does anyone know what is this method? Is this just like uploading a language pack in the form of an *ocmod.zip, but... What is this exporting he is talking about? Is there an extension for that?