Post by diego74 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:27 am

Hi there!,

I'm running OC 2.3.0.2, and I was wondering how I can change the way that OC marks the out of stock products in the shopping cart.

My new customers are having a hard time identifying the marked out of stock items, they do not see the three asterisks at the end of the product name so they complain when are not able to do the check out and then I have to explain them how it works, so I would like to avoid this and I was looking for the way to increase the three asterisk size, or better yet, changing the background color of the out of stock products line so it gets more clear.

I have seen some extensions in the marketplace but I was wondering if this can be done in a simple way without having to install an extension.

Thanks in advance for any tip!.

Attachments

OC_OOS_Screenshot.jpg

OC_OOS_Screenshot.jpg (7.48 KiB) Viewed 678 times

Last edited by diego74 on Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by grgr » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:02 pm

I have an extension that stops the products being added to the cart in the first place so would remove this problem.

Or edit the cart template and add a style

Code: Select all

<span class="text-danger" style="font-size: 3em;">***</span>

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:43 pm

diego74 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:27 am
I have seen some extensions in the marketplace but I was wondering if this can be done in a simple way without having to install an extension.
As a general rule of thumb, if extensions exist to do something it's because it can't be done without an extension.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by diego74 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:40 am

grgr wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Or edit the cart template and add a style

Code: Select all

<span class="text-danger" style="font-size: 3em;">***</span>
Hi!,

As you pointed me I changed that line at /catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/cart.tpl and that made the trick.

Thank you very much!