Post by skywing88 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:49 pm

I have already uploaded all the files in within the “upload” folder to the specified location , I created a sub-folder named opencart under the root folder of website.
But When try to install opencart by accessing the page <my ip address>/opencart/install/index.php, i got the error messages below:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Opencart\System\Helper\Utf8\mb_internal_encoding() in /var/www/html/opencart/system/helper/utf8.php:3 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/opencart/system/startup.php(63): require_once() #1 /var/www/html/opencart/install/index.php(39): require_once('...') #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/opencart/system/helper/utf8.php on line 3

The platform used is:
centos 7.3
httpd-2.4.6-95.el7.centos.x86_64
php-8.2.6-1.el7.remi.x86_64
mariadb-server-5.5.68-1.el7.x86_64

How do I fix that problem? any advice?

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 30, 2023 10:09 pm

1. Use 4.0.2.1 instead of 4.0.1.1. You can get it from the main Download page:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download

2. That error means your PHP installation does not have the function mb_internal_encoding(). Contact your web host and ask them to rebuild PHP with that function enabled.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by skywing88 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:15 pm

hai, Thanks very much for your reply and help. This problem has been solved by invoking "yum install php-mbstring". However , new problem appears when accessing the main page.

Attachment is the screenshot of error_message!

I have copied part of the error_message!
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Library\Request::$request is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/request.php on line 27
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property mysqli::$report_mode is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 15Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getStore is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getStoreByHostname is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getStores is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getSettings is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getSetting is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getValue is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getLanguage is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getLanguageByCode is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getLanguages is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Library\Session\DB::$db is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/session/db.php on line 13
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Library\Session\DB::$config is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/session/db.php on line 14
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property Opencart\System\Engine\Proxy::$getSeoUrlByKeyword is deprecated in /var/www/html/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php on line 35
Unknown: Creation of dynamic property

Attachments

error_pic_screenshot.png

error_pic_screenshot.png (239.54 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

Post by ADD Creative » Wed May 31, 2023 4:40 pm

4.0.1.1 in not compatible with PHP 8.2.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by skywing88 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:29 pm

Thanks! Then which version of php should I use for 4.0.1.1?

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 31, 2023 6:37 pm

Then which version of php should I use for 4.0.1.1?
You should not use 4.0.1.1 at all, it's far from a workable Edition.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by skywing88 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 pm

I just now tried 3.0.x.x version, no problem so far.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 31, 2023 7:17 pm

Good for you ! ;)

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by skywing88 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

haha, learning a new platform from its newest version may be bad practice!