Post by JimDrew » Mon May 29, 2023 2:18 pm

So, after literally weeks going round and round with PayPal, it has been finally admitted that you can't easily (deliberately) use a single PayPal account to handle multiple stores. The "PayPal Payments Standard" became "PayPal Pro", which became "PayPal Express", which became "PayPal E-Commerce Platform", which is now "PayPal Checkout Integration". All of the older methods still work, and all of them except PayPal Payments Standard prohibit you from "CONNECTING" more than one website to their API.

So, if you have 10 different sites as a corporation and want to use a single corporate PayPal account, you can't. PayPal wants every single site to have an individual business license and federal tax ID, even if those are simple sub-companies or DBA's. However, you can still use the dumbed down PayPal Payments Standard, which just uses the PayPal email address for processing the payment. You have no ability to do nice things like have buttons and such controlled by PayPal, split payments, etc.

After some real bitching on this subject with Paypal I was informed by their division that handles the API side of PayPal that it is possible, but a secret. The secret apparently is to "use the API credentials of your existing PayPal account to link your second website, So that payments processed on second website will be credited to your existing PayPal account". That's all they would say... I have the credential info, that is readily available on the PayPal developer site. The question I have is WHERE is that data stored on the Opencart side? I did a search in the database for the token being used on my main website (which has great PayPal integration), but I could not find any reference to PayPal data. I guess it could be encrypted. I don't know the database side of Opencart ( 3.0.3.8 ) well enough to just parse through it and know exactly what everything is

Does anyone know where this information is stored after the connection is successful with PayPal the first time?

Thanks!
Last edited by JimDrew on Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon May 29, 2023 8:38 pm

Sounds about right for PayPal.

In the oc_setting table, look for keys payment_paypal_client_id, payment_paypal_secret, payment_paypal_merchant_id and possibly payment_paypal_webhook_id.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 31, 2023 6:30 pm

JimDrew wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:18 pm
So, after literally weeks going round and round with PayPal, it has been finally admitted that you can't easily (deliberately) use a single PayPal account to handle multiple stores.
Check out Viva Wallet instead.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JimDrew » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:42 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:38 pm
Sounds about right for PayPal.

In the oc_setting table, look for keys payment_paypal_client_id, payment_paypal_secret, payment_paypal_merchant_id and possibly payment_paypal_webhook_id.
Thanks! I will look for these entries in the working database and copy them into the other store to see if that really does work.

Post by JimDrew » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:43 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:30 pm
Check out Viva Wallet instead.
Thanks, but that is not available in the U.S.!

Post by JimDrew » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:57 pm

I just wanted to confirm that what the API folks at PayPal told me is true... the secret is to use the exact same credentials in your database for each website. I just exported ALL of the relevant PayPal database entries from oc_Settings to a file from our main store, and then imported that into the database of the other store. Everything worked instantly.

Thank you for pointing out what database entries were needed!