Post by HNixon » Fri May 26, 2023 4:09 pm

Hello OpenCart Community,

I am seeking guidance and assistance regarding the process of moving my OpenCart store/website to a new server. I currently have OpenCart version 2.0.1.1 installed, and due to various reasons, I am required to transfer my store to a different server. I would greatly appreciate your insights and support in tackling this task.

Here is an overview of the issue I am facing:
I have been using OpenCart version 2.0.1.1 for my online store, and now circumstances demand that I move my store to a new server. While I understand the basics of transferring files and databases, I am uncertain about the specific steps involved in ensuring a successful migration without compromising the functionality and data integrity of my store.
I am seeking advice on the best practices, potential challenges, and recommended steps to undertake while moving an OpenCart store to a new server. Are there any particular considerations specific to version 2.0.1.1 that I should be aware of? How can I ensure a smooth transition of my store, including the preservation of products, categories, customer data, and order history?
Additionally, if anyone has experience with moving an OpenCart store to a new server and could share their insights, tips, or even a step-by-step guide, it would be immensely helpful. Are there any tools, extensions, or resources available that simplify the migration process for OpenCart version 2.0.1.1?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support. Your expertise and shared experiences will be invaluable in helping me successfully move my OpenCart store to a new server.
mybkexperience
Best regards,
HNixon
Last edited by HNixon on Sat May 27, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri May 26, 2023 10:21 pm

If it was me I'd try a new install with that version then test functionality on the new server. It shouldn't take too long.
Take note of the new server and old server configuration.

From there it should be database and paths.

So if your old server environment is new are basically the same it should be pretty straight forward.
Move files to new server
Migrate database to new server
Change configs to update file paths
Update htaccess

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Mon May 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Hello HNixon,
Were you able to migrate server/site successfully ?

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:58 pm

Unless you have an unmanaged server, have you reached out to your web hosting provider to see if they'll take care of this for you?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA