Post by hallakurt » Sat May 20, 2023 9:01 pm

Installed new version 4.0.1.1 running php8.1. Using default theme. When I change settings, like store name, store logo etc and save it stays there as long as I stay in settings. Once out of settings and back in, all the changes are gone - everything is back to what it was before. In the store nothing of it ever shows up. Did anybody come across this by any chance? Thank you for your help.
Last edited by hallakurt on Thu May 25, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 20, 2023 10:42 pm

1. If you want to use OpenCart 4.0, update to 4.0.2.1. The version you're using has a lot of bugs.

2. At this point, I advise against using OpenCart 4.0 for a live store. There are still some bugs in the latest version --- nothing critical, but more than I'd like in an official release.

Until those are fixed, I would recommend using 3.0.3.8 for new installations, or sticking with the version you are using if you have an existing store. If you need a PHP 8 compatible version of OpenCart 3.0, you can find one here:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by hallakurt » Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Thank you for your support Jonathan, I tried 3.0.3.8 but that did not work for me, and then I installed 4.0.2.1 and it is the same - it does not keep any settings. Is there any chance to get help at all to fix this - even paid - or do I just have to look for another web shop?
Last edited by hallakurt on Wed May 24, 2023 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 23, 2023 9:19 pm

I haven't heard of this particular issue before, so it sounds like it might be server-related. I would suggest trying 3.0.3.8 on a different web host or server, and see if the same issue occurs.

If it does and you want to seek paid support, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area. You should be able to find someone to help you out with this in one of those two areas.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by hallakurt » Wed May 24, 2023 10:12 am

Thanks so much again for the advise. I got in touch with my host, and they fixed some php.ini setting etc, and now it seems to be all working :)

Post by Cue4cheap » Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 am

hallakurt wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:12 am
Thanks so much again for the advise. I got in touch with my host, and they fixed some php.ini setting etc, and now it seems to be all working :)

To help others, what settings?

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu May 25, 2023 6:20 am

hallakurt wrote:
Now that the issue has been resolved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hallakurt » Thu May 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 am
hallakurt wrote:

To help others, what settings?
Here is what I received back and what fixed the problem:
I checked the files on the web server and can see a php.ini file which
should share the recommended PHP setting with your OpenCart CMS. I copied
the settings and added it to the phprc file(where this should be added)

I also can see blocks from the Modsec firewall which may have caused this
so I applied a custom parameter to override these changes that you are
trying to do inside Opencart itself.