Post by thetoilethelper » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:36 pm

I am currently setting up an OpenCart store and I want to make it available in multiple languages.
Specifically, I would like to add a language that's not currently supported by OpenCart out of the box. Can someone guide me through the steps required to add a new language to my OpenCart store?
I'm not very familiar with the technical aspects of OpenCart, so any help would be greatly. Thank you!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 pm

You should wait until there is a more stable version of OpenCart 4, there are still are number of issues with extra language packs:

For example:
[4.0.2.1] Administration language doesn't change, always loading the English translation

There are also other outstanding issues with OpenCart.

Hence, for the time being, it's better to use the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by johnalanscott » Fri May 26, 2023 2:51 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 pm
You should wait until there is a more stable version of OpenCart 4, there are still are number of issues with extra language packs:

For example:
[4.0.2.1] Administration language doesn't change, always loading the English translation wordle unlimited

There are also other outstanding issues with OpenCart.

Hence, for the time being, it's better to use the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch.
It’s always a good idea to wait for a more stable version before upgrading, especially when there are known issues.