Post by JJLee » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:59 pm

Hi, Can anyone advise how do I get my Opencart v2.0.3.X be compatible to Google Search listing for multiple image thumbnail Snippets? I see many eCommerce websites having their catalogue images being "picked up" and displayed in google search results. Thanks :)

Florist trying to manage her own website :choke:

Post by by mona » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:48 pm

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:52 pm

JJLee wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:59 pm
Hi, Can anyone advise how do I get my Opencart v2.0.3.X be compatible to Google Search listing for multiple image thumbnail Snippets? I see many eCommerce websites having their catalogue images being "picked up" and displayed in google search results. Thanks :)
Have you searched for an extension?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JJLee » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:36 am

by mona wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:48 pm
Did you search google ?
https://support.google.com/webmasters/t ... t-on-serps?
Thank you for your suggestions. I have searched quite extensively with regards to this and the results were more or less the same - which is - no one knows for sure how google picks up the product images. Just that i see more and more of my competitors shopping cart showing up with their respective product images. I noticed too, many of them are using shopify or woocommerce. havent came across one with open cart, at least not on those listed on page 1 or 2 of google serp

Post by JJLee » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:52 pm
JJLee wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:59 pm
Have you searched for an extension?
Thank you for your suggestion, i have not searched for extensions cos my opencart was previously heavily modified. Afraid that any extensions will need to hire developers to mod.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:53 pm

JJLee wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 am
Thank you for your suggestion, i have not searched for extensions cos my opencart was previously heavily modified. Afraid that any extensions will need to hire developers to mod.
That is possible, but you could always request a refund if they don't work.

Or you could get us to move all of your custom work to vQmods/OCMODS which is a service we offer?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Post by JJLee » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:58 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:53 pm
JJLee wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 am
That is possible, but you could always request a refund if they don't work.

Or you could get us to move all of your custom work to vQmods/OCMODS which is a service we offer?
Hi, thanks for your reply. Are you saying you have ready-extension for Google to pick up the multiple thumbnail image to be display in google search results?

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:48 pm

JJLee wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:58 pm
Are you saying you have ready-extension for Google to pick up the multiple thumbnail image to be display in google search results?
No, we don't have such an extension.

Guru Member