Post by Frens » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:50 pm

Hi,

I have always the checkbox checked on checkout page (shoud empty)

I read om this forum
Admin>Journal>Skins>Default>Checkout> go to Confirm Order> checkbox Newsletter and checkbox Newsletter Checked

But cant find.
Last edited by Frens on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Use OC -3.0.3.8 and 4.0.1.1 & default theme

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:22 am

Admin>Journal
Better get Journal Theme Support on this ... ;)

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Frens » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:11 am

stupid me ... ??? ...but where is it exactly

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:00 pm

Frens wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:11 am
stupid me ... ??? ...but where is it exactly
https://support.journal-theme.com/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Frens » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:31 am

What i mean to say is that the checkbox is always checked, but the client has to do that

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:13 pm

Frens wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:31 am
What i mean to say is that the checkbox is always checked,
No, it isn't when using the OpenCart framework.
I read om this forum
Admin>Journal>Skins>Default>Checkout> go to Confirm Order> checkbox Newsletter and checkbox Newsletter Checked
So are using the Journal framework, or the OpenCart framework? These are two different things. If you use Journal, then you should contact the Journal support. It is not an OpenCart issue!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Frens » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:53 pm

Using OC framework.

Hope it's clear
I don't want to delete the terms and conditions at checkout.

The checkbox is already checked, it should be empty
This must be checked by the customer.

Post by by mona » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:21 pm

Which OC version ? It is in the OC3 forum so we are assuming ( which you should not make us do, you are referring to OC3.0.3.8 )

Language may be a issue here but what you are being categorically told is that Opencart DOES NOT automatically have the confirm checkbox checked - the customer has to actively click it.

This means that you will not get any help from this forum, not because we are unkind, but because it is not an Opencart issue.

You are telling us it is - which means that the issue is elsewhere ..
Where ? I hear you ask … If it is not opencart how would we know ? ? ?

Say you need glasses - you can’t just write on a forum I can’t see. You were not born with glasses, maybe you have a medical condition, maybe you put bleach in your eyes .. how would anyone be able to help you ?

Someone has made an edit .. the general opinion (and I say it is an opinion because I would not assume you use Journal just because you read a post about an issue there) .. nevertheless it might be and there might be a button hiding somewhere - so it is them you have to ask - both reasonable and understandable.

Your alternatives are :-
You can ask a developer to look at it for you.
You can go ask your theme developer.
You can disable your extensions one by one

.. but please understand we are not clairvoyant -

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Frens » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 am

Opencart 3.0.3.8

I think het is a language problem....

Language may be a issue here but what you are being categorically told is that Opencart DOES NOT automatically have the confirm checkbox checked - the customer has to actively click it.

Thats wath i mean:
Opencart DOES NOT automatically have the confirm checkbox checked - the customer has to actively click it

My checkbox is checked .so its wrong (checkout page)

Any idea why it is checked .

As for my eyes, I am blind in one eye, thank you for your comment on this.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:03 am

You are repeating yourself without further details. This issue does not exist in a standard OpenCart. How about providing your website URL so we can see what is actually happening here.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by by mona » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:05 am

I apologise if that analogy offended you, but it goes exactly to the point. No one would be able to provide any suggestions as to your eyesight without a proper examination. When something is wrong either a professional has to look at it, or you can provide accurate and full details so we can examine the details and make suggestions.

No one is disputing that the checkbox should be clicked by the user, that is the way it is in Opencart default. What we are trying to say is that OPENCART 3.0.3.8 does NOT by default have that checkbox checked.

That means an external factor - what external factors do you have that could be influencing that ? Only you know the answer to that.

IP_CAM suggested Journal, this is definitely a strong possibility - then you add default theme - so rules that out.

JNeuhoff has suggested a ink to your site.

I have suggested to disable your extensions or to seek assistance from a developer.

FYI: This forum deals with Opencart issues. If it is not an Opencart issue (which your issue is not) then it is by sheer kindness that anyone assists. We do not know you, your site, your first language, your skill set .. nothing .. you are just some text on the screen that we try to decipher into something helpful we can possibly guide into anything that might make sense of what is being described.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by kirkhall » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:13 am

I have a 3.0.3.8 install using the theme that shall remain nameless with it's checkout enabled and it does not check the terms and conditions box by default. The user has to do it. Same with 3.0.3.7

Just an FYI.

Post by Frens » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:42 pm

Code: Select all

<a href="my-site/index.php?route=information/information/agree&information_id=5" class="agree">
agree.....
<input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" [b]checked="checked[/b]"/>
<input type="button" value="Verder" id="button-payment-method" data-loading-text="Laden..." class="btn btn-primary"/>
In the source code the checkbox is checked , but cant find the file with the code
OC 3.0.3.8 default theme

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:59 pm

You are wasting your time here because you are still not providing the requested details here. The issue clearly is caused by an extension, and not OpenCart, there is no 'controller/information/agree.php' in OpenCart.

Find a professional developer on the commercial support section, to fix your extension as a paid job. Or use a proper standard-compliant web theme.

Guru Member

Post by Frens » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:52 pm

URL delete!
Last edited by Frens on Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:33 pm

code for default opencart

<div class="buttons"><div class="pull-right">I have read and agree to the <a href="xxx/index.php?route=information/information/agree&amp;information_id=5" class="agree"><b>Terms &amp; Conditions</b></a><input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1">
&nbsp;
<input type="button" value="Continue" id="button-payment-method" data-loading-text="Loading..." class="btn btn-primary"></div></div>
code for your modified opencart

<div class="buttons">
  <div class="pull-right"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">I have </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">read and agree to
         the </font></font><a href="xxx/index.php?route=information/information/agree&amp;information_id=5" class="agree"><b><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Terms and Conditions .</font></font></b></a><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"></font><input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" checked="checked">
        &nbsp;
    <font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><input type="button" value="Further" id="button-payment-method" data-loading-text="Laden..." class="btn btn-primary"></font></font>
  </div>
</div>
As has been explained above. You have modified your checkout and this modifiction is causing the issue.
I suspect you have tried to edit this yourself with the editor since I doubt any extension or developer would write

<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">... </font></font>
Presuming this is the case, go into the editor (DESIGN => THEME EDITOR) for checkout/checkout - and reset it back to default.
Refresh your cache - ALL OF IT - including the browser

URL removed
Last edited by by mona on Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by Frens » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:53 pm

Thanks

Nothing helps...reset the confirm.twig delete cache , cookie etc.

The confirm.twig code was the original code

There is no code so as you show above , you take the sourse code.

The only thing helps for this moment is to edit the payment_method.twig

<input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" checked="checked" />
to

<input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1"/>
(checkbox is no emphty)

But the original payment_method.twig is

so i think it has to do with a installed payment module

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... egory_id=3
Try to find out now

edit:
Delete the payment module , but not help.

payment_method.twig

<div class="pull-right">{{ text_agree }}
    {% if agree %}
So wath make the condition {% if agree %} set to true?

Post by SohBH » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:37 pm

Check your payment module for
$this->session->data['agree']

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:04 pm

Frens wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:50 pm
Wait, so after all that you DON'T use Journal?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:09 pm

He's wasting his time because he won't provide the needed details, e.g. website URL, and theme and extensions used.

It clearly is not an OpenCart bug!

Guru Member