Post by parkookk » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:38 pm

Hi,
I have OC3031, what kind of search extension can auto suggest misspelling search keywords to customers? same as you see when you search on google.
eg. if you search for misssspling on google, it corrects the spelling and shows the correct one and also show the following just under the search bar:
Showing results for misspelling

Location - london

Post by by mona » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:46 pm

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Location - london

Post by thekrotek » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:09 pm

The trick with misspelling is that it's different for every language. I doubt any extension has some kind of misspelling engine, most likely it does it by splitting the key phrase into words and using OR operand with LIKE. For misspelling you need to have a dictionary to check against.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:40 pm

Smart Search Pro can do this, which Mona linked to above. It has a "Did you mean...?" feature that will suggest alternate words if they exist in the database.

TheKrotek is correct though, it's based on a dictionary of words created based on your database, so it doesn't truly know whether a word is misspelled or not. It will offer suggestions even for correctly spelled words. However, that tends to be more useful since you cannot predict whether someone may have entered a correctly spelled word, but still wanted results for a different word.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by halfhope » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:31 am

Hi!

I'm currently developing a manticore-based search module. So it will only work on vps/vds and might surprise you with the price. Works extremely fast with a large number of products.
Supports:
  • Morphology - different forms of the word.
  • Synonyms - custom dictionary of synonyms.
  • Transliteration
  • Typos - corrects up to 3 typos.
  • Keyboard layout - fixes incorrect layout.
  • Space Not Pressed - Specifies if the user has not pressed space.
It will not be released soon, it remains to make the interface and the admin panel.
Screenshot available.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego