Post by beacon » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:15 am

I am using offline credit card on my website. It worked very well before. Since two days ago, there is a weird email problem happened: When I tried to place an order on the website, I can still receive both order-email AND credit-card-information-email. The order email received has regular head (info@aaa.com; while aaa.com is my website domain); but the credit card email comes with different head (Array@bbb.com; bbb.com is the web-hosting domain) and this weird email was sent to info@aaa.com four (4) times. I do not know what happen and not clue how to fix it. Is there anybody have the similar experience, or where is the potential issue? Thanks.

Attachments

credit card email.png

weird cc-email - credit card email.png (25.8 KiB) Viewed 3475 times

order email.png

normal order-email - order email.png (18.33 KiB) Viewed 3475 times

Post by beacon » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:18 am

Forgot to mention: OC version: 2.0.3.1. PHP version: 7.4

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:30 am

There is no offline credit card option in OpenCart, so I'm guessing it's an extension. The issue probably is with the extension. Have you tried contacting the developer?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by beacon » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:55 pm

Yes, you are right. This offline credit card payment is extension. As I said, it works for 7 years, but it stops working 2 days ago. I am thinking because of the hosting issue (they changed something?). I asked hosting provider and they said it is problem of the extension. So it seems I need to fix it by myself. If anybody has the similar experience, please guide me.

Post by by mona » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 pm

You have to look at the code of the extension.
You have not even stated which extension, so no-one is going to be able to even know if they have a similar experience !

Contacting the extension developer is always the first place to start.
It might be an idea to double check your admin settings to make sure someone has not added a cc to the webhosing company I suppose, but that is unlikely.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by beacon » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:06 am

Re-install the website from backup, and now works as before. Just re-install and no any files modified/changed. Do not know the reason. Guess may be there are errors on the server. Re-install erases/covers the errors.
Thanks for all comments.