Post by feedermania » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:38 pm

Looking for an extension what limits the customer the total value of their orders can be a maximum of $1,000. Not one order. You can order as many as you want, but the maximum total value is XY$!

Example:
Customer 1 - Limited price 500$
1. order: 200$
2. order: 250$
3. order: 55$ - Attention, you have exceeded $500!!!

Opencart 3.0.3.1.

Post by by mona » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:00 am

Have you searched the marketplace?
I am not recommending this extension, it just came up on my friend google
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=32154

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:32 pm

As far as I know, Ultimate Restrictions is the only extension that can do this. It has rules to look at past orders, and can disable the checkout when the requirements are met. In your case, you'd want to make sure you don't allow guest orders (which would allow someone to easily work around the limit). Here's an example of how you'd set it up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTRICTION #1
Name: Disable checkout when past orders are greater than $1000
Restriction Type: Checkout
Rule: Past Orders: Total = 1000-9999

The only problem is that "Past Orders" rules generally do not take into account the current order being placed. However, I could give you a small edit to add the current order value into the calculation. It's a very easy edit, so it would be free.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by by mona » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:07 pm

I would recommend Jonathan's extension thou, if he wrote it - it will be great and his 'support' is even better

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by katalin » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:33 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:32 pm
As far as I know, Ultimate Restrictions is the only extension that can do this. It has rules to look at past orders, and can disable the checkout when the requirements are met. In your case, you'd want to make sure you don't allow guest orders (which would allow someone to easily work around the limit). Here's an example of how you'd set it up:

RESTRICTION #1
Name: Disable checkout when past orders are greater than $1000
Restriction Type: Checkout
Rule: Past Orders: Total = 1000-9999

The only problem is that "Past Orders" rules generally do not take into account the current order being placed. However, I could give you a small edit to add the current order value into the calculation. It's a very easy edit, so it would be free.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.
I would also recommend this extension. It works flawlessly and Johnathan is the best developer ever, also support is beyond great.