Post by Seaweed98 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:46 am

Hello :) ,
All of a sudden the font family wont change font family. The path I'm using is Catalog -> Categories -> I choose the category I want to edit -> I proceed and chose a different font family for my new text, but it wont change. I can bold it or underline it, but the font wont change. I used the same way with other categories with no problem at all.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
MF.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:29 pm

Seaweed98 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:46 am
I can bold it or underline it, but the font wont change. I used the same way with other categories with no problem at all.
My guess is that some other styles have been pasted into the editor. Did you copy from Word or a website?

If so it's always best to paste with Ctrl + Shift + V which removes any styles.

You could switch to HTML mode to check this.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Seaweed98 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:45 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Even if i delete the text and then rewrite it back, it still wont change. While im using adminstration i can see that the text is in "Open Sans" font, but in the actual website its still in the old "Times New Roman" font.

Thank you

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:00 am

Did you clean out your System Cache and Modification Cache Sections, before trying ?

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by by mona » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:10 am

Please provide an OC version. You will find it at the bottom of every admin page.
Please be more clear.

"All of a sudden" means very little.
This is useful : I have not added any new modifications / modules
I have not updated my products or categories.
I have checked with my service provider they have not made any changes.
I have checked my error logs.

My guess is that Paul is correct and you just do not understand.
Please take a screenshot of the relevant admin page.
Find the button </> and click that - does that come up black - do you know what that is?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Seaweed98 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies.
The web developer who created my website has abandoned me to my fate and is not helping me solve basic problems, especially since I have no experience with Opencart and websites in general.

I'm using the version 3.0.3.8. I don't even know how to upload a screenshot here.

I was always able to change the font text from Catalog>Categories>Edit Categories. I had no problem what so ever, I was writing and pasting the texts I wanted to and then I chose a font of my preference. Now, in 1 of my categories, even though I'm using the same way as I did with the other categories, in the admin text the font is totally different than the font in the actual website.

Thank you.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:41 pm

Seaweed98 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:45 pm
Even if i delete the text and then rewrite it back
That won't help unless you switch to HTML view?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by frank79 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:10 pm

The first image shows you how to clear the Theme and Sass cache (click on the orange buttons):

This one is the modification cache (blue button this time):

Also try to:
  • Clear the browser cache;
  • If you are using a CDN service, clear the CDN cache
Did you install any third party extension recently? If yes, try disabling it and see what happens. Some css files may overwrite the css rules of other files, in this case a browser inspector could easily spot the problem

Our new Opencart Extension:
AI Assistant - automatic product and category text generator

Post by by mona » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm

This is going to spiral so to focus.

You can change bold and underline but not the font family.
This would suggest caching can not be the issue as it would not update bold either.
The issue is that is is not "changing" - so it is either not SAVING or it is being OVERRIDDEN

your css file might have something with !important on it - your code view might have something with !important on it

Attachments

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 12.13.22.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 12.13.22.png (68.21 KiB) Viewed 332 times

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 12.13.14.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 12.13.14.png (112.35 KiB) Viewed 332 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Seaweed98 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:13 pm

Thank you all again for all that you have done. I truly appreciate your kindness and support!