Post by glolar » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:35 am

Hello,

I have an issue where a client installed the PayPal Commerce Platform in his 3.0.3.8 store ( the version that comes WITH 3.0.3.8. ) and the space between the customer's First and Last Name is missing when the name gets sent to PayPal. I found a post elsewhere saying this problem had been fixed, and that I should install the latest version from the MarketPlace. There is no extension called PayPal Commerce Platform on the Marketplace (at least, not that I could find), but I did find an extension called "PayPal Checkout Integration" here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358

Question 1: Is this the extension that I should install in order to fix my problem with the missing space in the name that gets passed to PayPal?

Question 2: The instructions on that extension page say "For versions 3.0.3.8 and higher: PayPal Commerce Platform is already available on the list of payment options and doesn’t need to be installed manually." But I imagine I DO need to download and install this version, so that I get the fix for the missing space in the name?

Question 3: Do I have to uninstall the version currently installed before installing the marketplace version? Or do I simply install over the existing version? Don't want to hose the client's store.

Question 4: Is there any way to pass the OpenCart customer's email address (behind the scenes) when he pays with a Credit Card? The email address showing up in ShipStation (passed from the PayPal order), is some obfuscated paypal email address (i.e., 53C2186997210025A@dcc2.paypal.com). See attached image.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

shipstation-email-address.jpg

shipstation-email-address.jpg (105.41 KiB) Viewed 2142 times

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:00 am

Best to contact the extension developer in regard to this request. Alternatively, you can also create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON