Post by pipe2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm

I was under the impression that they were abandoned carts, but an order that was paid for just showed up in missing orders.

I would appreciate some clarification!

Post by by mona » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:00 pm

When you say paid you mean that there is no other order on the system and you have actually received payment ?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by pipe2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:42 pm

yes that is correct,

order was paid for with Credit Card

I got an email from the payment processor that there had been a transaction, looked in "orders" and nothing was there. checked missing orders and it was in missing orders.
Last edited by pipe2 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 pm

If a paid order showed up in missing orders then something went wrong. There could be many reasons for this. For help more information would be needed. viewtopic.php?t=200480

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by pipe2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 pm
If a paid order showed up in missing orders then something went wrong. There could be many reasons for this. For help more information would be needed. viewtopic.php?t=200480
Thanks & pardon me! here:

v 3.0.3.8
Journal3
Complete SEO Package
Google Marketing Tools
Import / Export Pro
Options Combinations
Moosend
(Authorize.net AIM)

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:04 pm

pipe2 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm
an order that was paid for just showed up in missing orders.
This is a common problem when the callback from the gateway is blocked:

"
It's an all-too-common occurrence - perhaps you came across the option to filter by 'Missing Orders' in the admin panel, or perhaps a customer emailed or called to ask about the status of an order that seems to be quite literally missing in the orders list.

Whatever the circumstances, when you filter by 'Missing Orders' a horrible sight meets your eyes - loads of orders that you never knew about, which were nowhere to be seen until now! Where have all these orders come from - more importantly, why have they gone missing? And what can be done about it?

Don't panic!
First of all, don't panic! There may not be an issue at all. The name 'Missing Orders' is a bit of a misnomer, and they are more accurately referred to as unconfirmed orders.

Any order in your store's database which doesn't yet have a status (Pending, Processing, Complete, etc.) has the status of 'Missing' by default. But why would an order be made without assigning it a status?
"
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/missing-orders/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by pipe2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:07 pm

i've looked at it before.

it's strange for the paid-for order to have gone there, as orders are set to be "processing" after being submitted, and i had other orders today that behaved normally.

Post by pipe2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm

nice article, thanks for the link

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm

pipe2 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 pm

v 3.0.3.8
Journal3
Complete SEO Package
Google Marketing Tools
Import / Export Pro
Options Combinations
Moosend
(Authorize.net AIM)
Use the OpenCart framework, or, if you can't, you should at least use the OpenCart checkout. The Journal3 framework has some bugs with regards to its onepage checkout.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:04 am

pipe2 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm

v 3.0.3.8
Journal3
Complete SEO Package
Google Marketing Tools
Import / Export Pro
Options Combinations
Moosend
(Authorize.net AIM)
Check both your PHP and OpenCart errors logs for around the time if the orders with issues. The Authorize.net AIM payment extension included in OpenCart should write to the log with any errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by jagall » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi I have this too and it has transpired that some missing orders have actually been paid for but for some reason have gone here, using Journal 3 on OC 2.3.0.2 and one page checkout so perhaps that is the issue? However with regards just incomplete orders, is there anyway these can be treated as abandoned carts so we can reach out to the customer who may have had issues placing order initially, once they go under missing, there is method of emailing like an abandoned cart would from the missing orders. TIA.

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:54 pm

jagall wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:55 pm
Hi I have this too and it has transpired that some missing orders have actually been paid for but for some reason have gone here, using Journal 3 on OC 2.3.0.2 and one page checkout so perhaps that is the issue? However with regards just incomplete orders, is there anyway these can be treated as abandoned carts so we can reach out to the customer who may have had issues placing order initially, once they go under missing, there is method of emailing like an abandoned cart would from the missing orders. TIA.
There have been various problems in the past with Journal's one page checkout. It could also be an issue with your payment extension.

The is no automatic way to email the customers of abandoned carts, you can always do it manually. However, you should find extensions in the marketplace that will do it.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by jagall » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:19 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:54 pm
jagall wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:55 pm
There have been various problems in the past with Journal's one page checkout. It could also be an issue with your payment extension.

The is no automatic way to email the customers of abandoned carts, you can always do it manually. However, you should find extensions in the marketplace that will do it.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:40 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:54 pm
Clear Thinking's MailChimp extension allows you to do it, and many other very useful things.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom