Post by jonjazz » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:43 am

Hi There, This error appeared on my site today even though I haven't made any recent changes to the site.

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:100512 Library:30120 in /home/zipopcon4621nz/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

What would cause this to happen? I ve tried to change the PHP to 7.4 (from PHP 7.3) but that crashed my site completely.

Hosting company said I need to contact a developer.

I am using OC Version 3.0.2.0. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
J

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:05 am

Its a problem with PHP on your hosting. Maybe your host changed something. You may be able to change the PHP extensions in your control panel and select a different MySQL driver. Do a web search for that error. If not you will have to go back to your host.

It also looks like you have display errors switch on, which you wouldn't want on a live store.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jonjazz » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:21 am

Thanks for your response. My hosting company has now fixed it after originally telling me it was not their fault and I should contact a developer.
They did this to fix " I have changed the PHP version of your website from 7.3 to 7.2, as it seems that your database is not compatible with the 7.3 PHP version"

BTW the Option to display errors was unticked to strange the errors were visible on the the store front.
Thanks for your assistance much appreciated.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:45 pm

jonjazz wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:21 am
I have changed the PHP version of your website from 7.3 to 7.2
If that's fixed it you should add [SOLVED] to the start of this post title.

You should probably consider asking a developer like ourselves to take a look so that you can run the latest version of PHP 7 though.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:43 am

You need make sure display errors in set to off in all 3 places. Your PHP settings, in system/config/default.php and in the settings. Not only can this cause minor notices and warnings to cause bigger errors, it can also be a security risk.

1. In your PHP settings make sure display_errors is set to Off. Use phpinfo() to check. It should be off by default, but there are lots of rubbish hosts out there.

2. In system/config/default.php set error_display to false.

3. In your OpenCart Setting on the server tab set Display Errors to No.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom