Post by gdeputy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:19 am

Using opencart 4, pretty vanilla setup. When i go to view an invoice it looks fine, but when i actually print its no longer in the template format but just an ugly data dump. This is happening in all browsers ive tried, chrome, firefox, edge. Is there something special i need to do to get it to look the same when it actually prints?

view of print page...

Attachments

print preview.PNG

print preview.PNG (131.1 KiB) Viewed 704 times

invoicePrintInBrowser.PNG

invoicePrintInBrowser.PNG (56.51 KiB) Viewed 704 times

Post by Johnathan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:12 pm

I would strongly advise against using OpenCart 4.0 for a live store. There are still some bugs in the latest version, including a major one where order information is displayed from the product's current data, instead of the data at the time the order was placed. Until that is fixed, I would recommend using 3.0.3.8 for new installations, or sticking with the version you are using if you have an existing store.

If you need a PHP 8 compatible version of OpenCart 3.0, you can find one here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance

If you're stuck with OpenCart 4.0, then you should make sure to try and update as soon as 4.0.2.0. Nobody knows when that will be, but we're all hoping it's soon.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by gdeputy » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:00 am

yikes, ok, thanks for the info. I just inherited supporting this store and the person before me basically upgraded it to v4 and then took off. Sigh.... I dont suppose there's a 'downgrade' path, is there?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:08 pm

Do you have a backup of the database and files from before the upgrade? Most hosts usually take a daily backup. If not much has changed and no new orders have been place you could restore from a backup.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by halfhope » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:00 am

Hi!
In your admin/view/template/sale/order_invoice.twig
Replace media="screen" to media="all"
This way not solve problem with grid.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego