Post by Joe1234 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:52 pm

I tried searching but paypal is nixed in the search here, and google only comes back with a few threads with paypal in the title.

Problem 1:
From the few threads I've read about paypal, they all pretty much say go with Paypal Checkout Integration from the marketplace (the previous name is not coming to mind). I installed it, set to production on the drop down, connect, and everything goes fine and it says everything is good. Then the very next popup screen it says "compare standard and advanced checkout" with a spinning circle and it just stays there forever, no matter how many times I do this. I'm using the latest version from the marketplace, and also tried from github. I tried both chrome and edge, and reset all cache and stuff, and still the issue persists. I sent a message to the developer, but from what I see on the comments he hasn't responded for a couple weeks.

Problem 2:
Meanwhile, I tried Paypal Express in sandbox mode. Everything went through fine on checkout, it shows complete in the orders with the paypal transaction, but when I go to the developer api on paypal, I don't see any api calls. I also put in false information that should have caused a rejection with the credit card and address (if paypal checks addresses) but I see no error reports with api calls on those.

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?
Last edited by Joe1234 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:45 pm

PayPal express uses an older API so I don't believe you will see the calls in the PayPal developer list. I've never seen them either.

The PayPal sandbox won't check the address as it for testing. If you look at the transactions in the PayPal sandbox account they all seem to say Confirmed for the address.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Joe1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:20 pm

Thanks for that info. It seems the only only info is from the notifications inside the sandbox.

The setup issue seems to be with PayPal advanced on their end, but they don't know what exactly is happening as of now. I even setup a second account and the same thing is happening. Anyone experience this?

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:01 am

Looks like a new version 2.0.0 has just been released. https://github.com/Dreamvention/paypal/releases

You could give that a try or even try a slightly older version 1.4.0 or even 1.3.1.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Joe1234 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:23 pm

I already had that version.

I figured out the issue. The problem is that the business account had to be created through the extension. The issue with the paypal sight still happened, but it seems creating the account through the extension linked up with the API before the issue with the site had a chance to interfere. 6 days and paypal still haven't come back to me with any type of solution or workaround, the amount of people I spoke to there and the amount of hours I spent on the phone with no resolution is incomprehensible. I've never dealt with such an inept tech support system in my life.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1

Post by Johnathan » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:50 am

If you end up having more problems with the free extension, I thought I'd let you know that I just released a commercial PayPal extension, since so many people have been having issues with the free one:

PayPal Payment Gateway

Hopefully you don't experience any issues in the future, but I thought I'd mention it in case you ever need an alternative.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator