Post by radact » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:56 am

Due to email sending quantity limitations from my webhost, I can only send out 250 emails per hour, but have over 1200 customers registered on my site.
Is there a way to either use the existing mail module (or get a new mail module) on OC 2.3.0.2 to send to selected customers only?
eg. I need to send to customers who's email address begins with "a" or "b" and have purchased a specific product.

At the moment, I can either select All Customers or by Product from the dropdown list which sends out to too many customers at once, so the template needs to be able to accept something like "a*" and "b*" so an email is sent only to those customers whos email starts with A or B.

Thanks

Post by TMD Extension @ » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:41 pm

It is not present in the default OpenCart framework. We need to make an extension that matches your requirement, Moreover when you select the alphabet and limit the number of emails sent count then there is a possibility that while sending an email the limit exists and some customer whose email starts with the selected alphabet was not sent.

While creating the extension that works exactly as you want. we need to talk about it, Please consider emailing us at sale@opencartextensions.in or live chat with our sale representative on our website

Thanks & Regards
Sehaj Kaur
TMD Extensions
Contact Us For Customisations

Post by EugeneE » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:59 pm

Yes, it is possible to modify the existing mail module or use a new one to send emails to specific customers based on their email address and purchase history. One way to achieve this is by modifying the existing mail module code to include a filter that selects only the customers whose email address starts with "a" or "b" and have purchased the specific product.

Another option is to use an extension that allows you to create custom email lists based on specific criteria. For example, you could use an extension like "Customer Groups" or "Advanced Customer Group" to create a custom group of Mary Kay In Touch customers whose email address starts with "a" or "b" and have purchased the specific product, and then use the mail module to send emails only to that custom group.

Alternatively, you could use an email marketing service like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor that allows you to segment your email list based on specific criteria, including purchase history and email address. This would enable you to send targeted emails to specific groups of customers without having to worry about email sending quantity limitations from your webhost.