Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:15 am

Admin not showing any saved setting on the frontend logo, product count, even maintence mode, and when disabling mods the stay active unless I uninstall them. I'm stuck. website domain lasercraftshapes.co.uk opencart 1.5.6 php 7.2

Post by johnp » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:06 am

What about with your custom theme and plugins turned off and the default theme running?

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:07 am

Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs. Also check your web browser's developer console for errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:12 am

It's a plain wonder, that most images seem to show up, because you have lot's of empty spaces in your image links, like:

Code: Select all

data/1/FATHERS DAY - ROUTER/PL1083 + CTO1028 TRAY TIDY/
data/1/18MM QUOTES AND SIGNS/LOVE_WITH_MOUSE_HEAD-100x100.jpg.webp
data/2/1. CATEGORIES/PAINT-YOU-OWN-THEMED-FREESTANDING-LETTER-FLOWERS-100x100.jpg.webp
CHRISTMAS ROUTER/STOCKING HOLDERS/STOCKING_HOLDER_TREE-100x100.jpg.webp
PERSONALISED ROUTER/TUMBLING_NAME_IN_A_ROW-100x100.jpg.webp
1/18MM PHOTO FRAMES/18MM_FREESTANDING_6X4_RECTANGLE_WOODEN_PHOTO_FRAME_2-100x100.jpg.webp

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:15 pm

@johnp, we tried switching off the mod and uninstalling the template, but to no avail. A company called Webkul was hired to downgrade the PayPal integration and convert images to WebP format, and they also added the website to Cloudflare. However, after these modifications were made, we were unable to save the admin settings.

Later, we had PHP scripts install Afterpay, and as a result, all our mods stopped working we was unable to disable them we have to uninstall them to have an affect. The issue was flagged when Afterpay was installed, as all payment mods were showing at checkout. We use different payment gateways on different stores, but were able to hide them using the Ext2Store (Q) mod. Unfortunately, this mod has now stopped working and has no effect as with mod mods.

Although the PHP scripts company removed their mod, this did not fix the issue. Anyone we speak to just suggests that we upgrade our website, but we prefer our website to not be broken.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:26 pm

Images are to big... 1500x1500...
Issue with redirection to https

Also after you save...try to clear cache from Cloudflare

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:47 pm

Can someone tell me in the settings php my admin every time i save my admin setting it creats a new entry in the database is this normal i have 930,000 enties 4gb

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:48 pm

@IP_CAM, yes, the images are a mess due to multiple people uploading to the website and difficulty in following instructions. Changing the names of images seems to cause them to be lost from the product page, and they must be re-added.

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:49 pm

xxvirusxx yes we have tired switching of cloudflare

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:32 pm

tim1084 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:15 pm
Anyone we speak to just suggests that we upgrade our website, but we prefer our website to not be broken.
You can upgrade in a subfolder, install modules, same theme if exist for 3.0 and if are new customers, orders...on old website can be updated on the new.

If hosting company will remove PHP 7.2/ 7.3...website will be broken :)

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:44 pm

When looking at the db the setting change ok in the db just have no affect on the frontend. All admin backend setting work fine.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:51 pm

No one can know what has without looking

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:16 pm

tim1084 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:47 pm
Can someone tell me in the settings php my admin every time i save my admin setting it creats a new entry in the database is this normal i have 930,000 enties 4gb
That looks like that could be the problem. Your old settings are not getting deleted, but the new ones are added. When OpenCart retrieves the settings from the database, the database is probably returning the duplicates and the oldest are the ones being used.

When you save the settings OpenCart calls.

$this->model_setting_setting->editSetting('config', $this->request->post);
Link to line is source. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... ng.php#L13

The editSetting function will delete all the old settings from the database.

$this->db->query("DELETE FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "setting WHERE store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "' AND `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "'")
Link to line is source. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... ng.php#L20

For some reason the delete is not working. Maybe someone has changed the code, maybe an extension has changed the code or maybe there is a problem with your database.

Check the code to see if it's been changed. If you use vQmod you will also need to check the files in the vQmod cache. Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs. Also check your web browser's developer console for errors when saving settings.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 pm

your onto something there they have been commented out. I added the orginal settings.php but still did not work going to check the catch as you recommended.

public function editSetting($group, $data, $store_id = 0) {
// echo '<pre>'; print_r($data); die('ENTER');
// $this->db->query("DELETE FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "setting WHERE store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "' AND `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "'");

foreach ($data as $key => $value) {
// echo '<pre>'; print_r($key); // die('ENTER');
// echo '<pre>'; print_r($value); die('ENTER');

Post by tim1084 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:32 pm

Thank you for fixing the website. You are a top guy. I'm glad to see that you are based in the UK. I will drop you an email as we are looking to upgrade our OpenCart website. Again, thank you so much. The company that caused the error, Webkul.com, quoted 3 days to fix it, which was unbelievable. Considing they casued the problem.