Post by mattvw » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:47 am

I can't get past the database info step in the installation process.
I get "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Apache24\htdocs\opencart\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 25"
When I checked the MySql database I see that all the tables have been created.

PHP Version is 8.1.11 and Opencart 4.0.1.1

Post by OSWorX » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:46 pm

mattvw wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:47 am
I can't get past the database info step in the installation process.
I get "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Apache24\htdocs\opencart\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 25"
When I checked the MySql database I see that all the tables have been created.

PHP Version is 8.1.11 and Opencart 4.0.1.1
First of all: don't use 4.0.1.1
Reason: too buggy.

Second: what does your logs (OpenCart and server) say?
It's unusual that step 3 needs more than a few seconds, but never ever had an error like you have (after several thousand installations).
So, there must be something else what need this time - therefore check your logs.

Also, you did not state which server environement and which database type you are using ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mattvw » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:06 am

Firstly, thanks so much for your response.

I checked my logs and only found the same error message so then I took your advice and installed version 3.0.3.8 after creating a fresh database in mysql.
This time it installed ok except for this pesky warning.. I'm using Apache 2.4

"Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in ------\system\storage\vendor\twig\twig\src\Node\Node.php on line 161Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in ------\system\storage\vendor\twig\twig\src\Node\Node.php on line 166 "

Plus (update) I now get lots of deprecated code warnings even though I have tried to suppress them in my php.ini file.

UPDATE .. I found in this forum that setting error-display = false in /system/config/default.php got rid of all the messages.

Now it's so far so good. :)

Post by OSWorX » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:08 pm

mattvw wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:06 am
Firstly, thanks so much for your response.

I checked my logs and only found the same error message so then I took your advice and installed version 3.0.3.8 after creating a fresh database in mysql.
This time it installed ok except for this pesky warning.. I'm using Apache 2.4

"Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in ------\system\storage\vendor\twig\twig\src\Node\Node.php on line 161Unknown: Return type of Twig\Node\Node::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in ------\system\storage\vendor\twig\twig\src\Node\Node.php on line 166 "

Plus (update) I now get lots of deprecated code warnings even though I have tried to suppress them in my php.ini file.

UPDATE .. I found in this forum that setting error-display = false in /system/config/default.php got rid of all the messages.

Now it's so far so good. :)
It seems that you are using php 8.x - correct?
As far as I have seen and tested, the maintainance branch of OpenCart https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance is compatible with php 8.x.
While the default (and official) 3.0.3.8 NOT.

Better you use the mentioned version.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria