Post by tom327 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:41 am

On my Opencart 3.0.3.2 website, the order notification emails are being sent, but for some reason when I use the Marketing > Email (Newsletter) to try ot sent emails out to customers, no emails are sent.

Is this a bug with 3.0.3.2. Can anyone suggest a fix or someplace to check?

I read about the need to have Extensions > Events enabled. and I check that and I have about 58 of those active.

I really need to get the newsletter fucntion to work. Am I better off getting an extension to send out newsletters type emails?

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:06 pm

tom327 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:41 am
for some reason when I use the Marketing > Email (Newsletter) to try ot sent emails out to customers, no emails are sent.
There are a lot of reasons that could be, but generally it's better just to use something like MailChimp which you can connect with ClearThinking's excellent MailChimp extensions. We bought the Pro one and it's got all the features you could ever wish for.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by johnp » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:21 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:06 pm
There are a lot of reasons that could be, but generally it's better just to use something like MailChimp which you can connect with ClearThinking's excellent MailChimp extensions. We bought the Pro one and it's got all the features you could ever wish for.
+1. The ClearThinking MailChimp extension is excellent.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK