Post by KanKan2022 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:42 am

Hi,
I have many modifications on many different extensions. Sometimes when upgrading an extension, the code reference for my mods has changed hence the modification won't work until I am made aware of the "bug" to then correct it. I was wondering is there a better way to bulk check all modifications for search CDATA references that don't exist.
Thanks
Last edited by KanKan2022 on Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 am

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KanKan2022 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:43 am

OC 3.0.3.8
Thanks

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:15 am

KanKan2022 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:43 am
OC 3.0.3.8
Thanks
You'll need to disable each XML files in your vqmod folder (except vqmod_opencart.xml file) until the errors vanished from your site. Once the right XML files have been discovered, you'll need to contact each extension developers of those extensions to resolve those issues.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KanKan2022 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:28 am

Hi,
I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. These are my mods on existing extensions (adding additional features, info tabs etc). But I have found on some occasions a particular feature not working (for example my mod which shows product images on a custom product return page extension), and it has been due to an extension upgrade and the code reference that my mod refers to being changed. It is easy enough for me to modify the search CDATA to match the newly changed line, but what I was asking for is there a way for me to check all mods to give me a list of those that the search CDATA criteria doesn't exist (so I know which mods are not being actuated). My mods are all currently in the database accessed/edited from admin extensions/modifications.

Post by Joe1234 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:02 am

If I'm understanding your issue correctly https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22318 is what you need. You'll get an error tab that will show all the errors from all modifications that didn't take. And you can edit the mods in place.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 am

KanKan2022 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:28 am
Hi,
I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. These are my mods on existing extensions (adding additional features, info tabs etc). But I have found on some occasions a particular feature not working (for example my mod which shows product images on a custom product return page extension), and it has been due to an extension upgrade and the code reference that my mod refers to being changed. It is easy enough for me to modify the search CDATA to match the newly changed line, but what I was asking for is there a way for me to check all mods to give me a list of those that the search CDATA criteria doesn't exist (so I know which mods are not being actuated). My mods are all currently in the database accessed/edited from admin extensions/modifications.
From each ZIP files you download, you can open the install.xml file and look for missing CDATA.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:06 pm

KanKan2022 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:42 am
is there a better way to bulk check all modifications for search CDATA references that don't exist.
Just look in the OCMOD log.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by KanKan2022 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:29 pm

Thanks all, I like the extension suggested by Joe1234, it sort of encompasses everything I need including a convenient way to check out the logs.