Post by p419 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:11 pm

Hello All,

We have been successfully running OpenCart 3.0.3.1 (MySQL Version 10.2.44-MariaDB, PHP Version 7.4.32) since 2019 on an A2 Hosting VPS managed server. The site has always been very responsive and fast, until the last few days. Now the site has slowed to a crawl and we're getting 503 errors randomly on the home page, category pages, products pages and the admin. On Tuesday night they did a server migration and that seems to be when the problems really started.

The responses I get from support are:

"I have accessed the website https://www.aaaabbbb.com/ and it's loading fine without any issue. I have attached the screenshot for your verification. Please clear the browser cache and check it from your end. "

"I am not able to reproduce the issue on my end as the URL loads fine. Please check the attached screenshot. However, the 503 error normally happens if the account is hitting its resources such as CPU, Memory or I/O. Optimizing the website can help in using fewer resources thus avoiding getting a 503 error."

I seem to be in a "it's not our servers it's your website" scenario.
Our site has been rock solid and we've made no significant changes to the site, in over a year.

Has anyone else bumped into these issues and were you able to resolve them?
Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by p419 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by p419 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:20 pm

I apologize, I've posted this in the wrong forum! Can this be moved to 3.0 or should I repost it?

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by p419 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:09 am

This was not related to A2 Hosting, my apologies. I had a Vqmod folder on the server for an extension that I tried in late October, I was Googling the issue and read a post about Vqmod maxing out the CPU resources. I deleted the folder and it seems to have resolved the issue so far.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:28 am

p419 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:09 am
This was not related to A2 Hosting, my apologies. I had a Vqmod folder on the server for an extension that I tried in late October, I was Googling the issue and read a post about Vqmod maxing out the CPU resources. I deleted the folder and it seems to have resolved the issue so far.
Now that the issue has been resolved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON