Post by djordje » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:11 pm

Hello, the title really says it all. I'm wondering if it is possible to do this since my host will update our PHP soon?

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:34 pm

Look for that subject in this forum. It is posted a couple of times.

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:40 am

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:35 pm

We've been doing this for a lot of clients lately so feel free to get in touch if you'd like us to help on a paid basis.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by joeantropy » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:15 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 pm
Use the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch.
straightlight wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:40 am
It's already done: https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart-3 .
So what's the difference between opencart-3 and 3.0.x.x_Maintenance? I recall this post from JNeuhoff mentioning that opencart-3 is actually going to be backwards-incompatible with 3.0.3.8, being more like a version 3.1.

Wouldn't this mean we'd have three separate concurrent versions of OpenCart - 3.0.x.x_Maintenance, OpenCart 3.1 and OpenCart 4?

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:22 am

joeantropy wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:15 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 pm
Use the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch.
straightlight wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:40 am
It's already done: https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart-3 .
So what's the difference between opencart-3 and 3.0.x.x_Maintenance? I recall this post from JNeuhoff mentioning that opencart-3 is actually going to be backwards-incompatible with 3.0.3.8, being more like a version 3.1.

Wouldn't this mean we'd have three separate concurrent versions of OpenCart - 3.0.x.x_Maintenance, OpenCart 3.1 and OpenCart 4?
opencart-3 is more on the road for OC 4 lookalike as opposed to the maintenance branch. 99% bug-fixes and new subscription system added in compliance with OC 4 in order for extension developers to migrate their subscription data with the use of an API without the need to charge customers full price for their old recurring profiles toward their new subscription profiles based on the subscription balance upon new transaction submissions and subscription charge renewal process. While some might see this as extension compatibility issues, it will also reduce the tasks to convert extension packages in the future.

Furthermore, in regard to the database upgrade, the opencart-3 version is more opted to the database changes as opposed to the maintenance branch since the opencart-3 database fields and values fully follows on each other so that store owners don't have to lose their data with the exception of the cart table (which lasts 1 hour by default, on anyhow). Which is why, it is important for all users to know that setting their store under maintenance is eminent.

Whichever versions it is however, in regard to PHP 8.2, all recent releases on Github Opencart may need some extra work due to industry changes but both versions should get there soon.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:05 am

The 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch works fine with the latest PHP 8.2.0RC5. Other than that, it just has some bugfixes, and is highly backward compatible with OpenCart 3.0.3.8, especially for its OCmod/VQmod-based extensions.

The opencart-3 repository is more like an upcoming OpenCart 3.1.0.0.

OpenCart 4.0.x.x releases are quite different compared to OpenCart 3 for extensions, because there is no OCmod, it only uses event handlers, and a different way of installing/maintaining extensions, and newer versions of Bootstrap/Twig/ etc.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by djordje » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to ask if there is any extension that could make my current version compatible?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:45 am

djordje wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:03 pm
I forgot to ask if there is any extension that could make my current version compatible?
None that I know of.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:07 am

djordje wrote:

Since the request is in regard to an extension compatibility with a next version, either contact the extension developer of the current extension you are using or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by djordje » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:48 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:05 am
The 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch works fine with the latest PHP 8.2.0RC5. Other than that, it just has some bugfixes, and is highly backward compatible with OpenCart 3.0.3.8, especially for its OCmod/VQmod-based extensions.

The opencart-3 repository is more like an upcoming OpenCart 3.1.0.0.

OpenCart 4.0.x.x releases are quite different compared to OpenCart 3 for extensions, because there is no OCmod, it only uses event handlers, and a different way of installing/maintaining extensions, and newer versions of Bootstrap/Twig/ etc.
This is probably a stupid question, but what do I do with the maintenance branch? If I wanted to update my current store with the maintenance branch what exactly do I need to download from the GitHub page?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:03 pm

You can download a zip file with all the latest files at the link below.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/ar ... enance.zip

You would then need to treat this as any other version upgrade. If updating from 3.0.3.8 you shouldn't need to run the install/update as the database hasn't changed. Always backup your files and database first. Would recommend you duplicate your site and upgrade that first as a test. Remember to update the moved storage directory.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by djordje » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:40 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:03 pm
You can download a zip file with all the latest files at the link below.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/ar ... enance.zip

You would then need to treat this as any other version upgrade. If updating from 3.0.3.8 you shouldn't need to run the install/update as the database hasn't changed. Always backup your files and database first. Would recommend you duplicate your site and upgrade that first as a test. Remember to update the moved storage directory.
That's what I was hoping for. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Post by faca5 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:17 pm

djordje wrote:

This extension is for OpenCart v3.0.3.2
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=44323

Izdelava spletne trgovine | Najem spletne trgovine | PHP programiranje

Post by sandstorm001 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Is there something I'm missing when trying to upgrade from opencart 3.0.x.x maintenance git to my 3.0.3.8 when I get a stubborn 500 error and complain about being stuck in quirks mode?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:47 pm

sandstorm001 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 pm
Is there something I'm missing when trying to upgrade from opencart 3.0.x.x maintenance git to my 3.0.3.8 when I get a stubborn 500 error and complain about being stuck in quirks mode?
Check your PHP error log (not the OpenCart one) for the cause of 500 errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by sandstorm001 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:23 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:47 pm
sandstorm001 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 pm
Check your PHP error log (not the OpenCart one) for the cause of 500 errors.
Looking into that, at the moment my hosting service has trouble finding the correct php error log so I'll be waiting for their discoveries first :O.

But anyway, should the maintenance branch opencart installation work as is? I mean, should it install just as the official downloaded ones if I just copy the files to my server?

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 am

Yes, it should be the same as any download.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by sandstorm001 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:42 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 am
Yes, it should be the same as any download.
OK thanks! Asked that because even with that I got the 500 internal server error. I've been trying to figure why this is happening and apparently, moving maintenance files to the server caused folder/files permission changes :bash: . I ssh'd the server and ran

Code: Select all

sudo chmod -R 755 /path/to/opencart
and it worked without problems.

So, this 3.0.x.x maintenance branch is always the 3.0.3.8 bug fix/update branch, kinda like an unofficial stable release git branch which I can rely to work on the 3.0.3.8 version?